Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM

I have read several times about the soda cards and the price. What I was wondering is how exactly do they work. Do you order soda from the bar near the pool and show your card or do they have self-service machines? Can you use a cup you bring or do you have to use their cups?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Administrator

The soda card is good at all bars and in the dining room. It is not allowed to be used with room service.

You cannot use your own glass or cup. You will be given a bar glass of soda. By the way - on every Carnival cruise we have been on for the past 5 years (which is 5 Carnival cruises), they have used only canned soda. No bar fountains or soda syrup mix. I guess they found it to be easier to just use cans for everything. But - when using the soda card you will not get a full can. They pour a serving into a glass of ice. And don't bother asking for a can unless you plan to buy a can. Frankly we have found the soda card is not a good deal for adults but is a good thing for kids.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:02 PM
For me is a good deal because I am a “Pepsi addict” jejejeje
But is not the case for my wife so she does not use it (Price $40 - $45 if I remember well)
But it’s cheaper than to buy it every time you want one ($2 dollars) is a good deal only if you drink a lot of soda and believe me if you are at the Caribbean you will need it is HOT HERE!!!
In case you want one go to any pub or bar at the ship and get it the very first night, after that you just ask for your drink at any bar or at the restaurant and present your card they take care of the rest…
Old 04-21-2007, 06:26 PM

I purchased the soda card and was not satisfied. I like my soda in the can- no ice. Also, I don't drink coffee and like a coke as soon as I get up. This is not available with the card. You cannot get a soda in the can with the soda card. If you purchase a soda, you receive it in the can. I did pick up a good hint on here and that is- Purchase your soda card on the second day. You save money. After reading all the posts about not taking beverages on board, I played by the rules and didn't tke anything with me. I did stock up in Port and had no problem bringing the soda back on the ship.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

We don't drink a lot of soda but when we do, it isn't Coke. So we take our own. 1 -12 pack of regular and 1 -12 pack of diet for the 4 of us for a week.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, card, cards, carnival, coke, cruise, cruises, day, ice, line, lines, mixing, room, serve, service, soda