Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Hello all, traffic is not a real problem. But if the cost is $24.00 per day or $180.00 per month I would surely pay the monthly cost of $180.00 with hopes that for no unsafe reason( maybe just have to cruise at a slower speed) that the ship has to spend a day or two extra away from NY. Wishful thinking. Have a safe and fun cruise all.
Deege24
Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM

I just upgraded to a balcony cabin. (5196) Cant wait, since we are getting hammered with a major snowstorm again!!! Its funny, i was wearing just a sweatshirt 2 days ago. Gotta love March. But not more than MAY!!! he he heIf you go to cruisecritic.com, I asked a question under category "east coast departures" about parking at the Manhatten pier. A very nice person wrote me back a few times giving me complete directions in and out of the terminal. For which i was very grateful. I was a nervous wreck before being assured how easy it actually was. My name is the same as here, i'm TRESE
Old 03-19-2007, 06:40 PM

Hello Trese,

I guess I'm getting into this conversation late in the game, but I to will be Carnival Miracle on May 3rd.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Hello DYG, it's never to late to join in. Hello all, maybe everyone driving to NYC should look into the monthly parking cost of $180.00 as compared to the $24.00 (lets just say $25.00 to make the math easy)a day parking. $25.00 per. day equals $200.00 for 8 days, why not pay the $180.00 for the monthly cost. At the very least when you get off the ship you can take your luggage to your vehicle and maybe take a walk along the west side highway or stroll into Manhattan and see some site without having to worry about your vehicle being towed away or a late charge for leaving after a certain time after the 8th day. Have a safe and fun cruise all!!!!!
Deege
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Can anyone comment on if seas are rough heading south from NY? We're booked for April 2008 Eastern Carribean. Also, are pools heated on Miracle? This will be our first Carnival cruise. Only our second ever cruise. First was last February on Disney. It's so far away but am very excited! Also, what's the earliest we can board the ship in New York? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Right now the weather patterns keep changing so it's hard to predict what the weather will be like in April of 2008. However, traveling to and from NY can be rough depending on the weather. I know a couple of years ago we did get snow in April. On the other hand it could be nice and you wouldn't have that concern.

Boarding using begins around noon, but your cruising documents will have the exact time.

In addition, I did Disney in December and it was an experience. There is definitely a huge difference from Disney to Carnival, but I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Thanks. What were the biggest differences in your opinion? Service? Food?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Actually both.

I don't want to say anything negative about any cruise line. However I will tell you not to expect free non-alcohol beverage throughout the cruise (you do have the option of buying a soda package on Carnival). You won't have the rotational dining schedule or the characters breakfast. No fireworks and the other creative entertainment or the opportunity to see upcoming movies before they hit the theatre. I don't recall if Miracle have the large screen television outside as well.

I've traveled on Carnival several times and it does have alot to offer including entertainment, but you will notice the difference on both levels.

I will be going on Miracle in less then two months.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:14 AM

Hello DYG,
I bet your as excited as i am!! 41 days to go...whooo hoooo.....this is our 4th cruise, 2nd out of NY. We went on the Legend last Sept , same itinerary, different ship this time. Oh well, gotta love CRUISIN....We are a party of 6....4 of us in our 40s and neice and her DH in their 20s....come on MAY 3rd!!! TRESE
Old 03-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DYG:
Actually both.

I don't want to say anything negative about any cruise line. However I will tell you not to expect free non-alcohol beverage throughout the cruise (you do have the option of buying a soda package on Carnival). You won't have the rotational dining schedule or the characters breakfast. No fireworks and the other creative entertainment or the opportunity to see upcoming movies before they hit the theatre. I don't recall if Miracle have the large screen television outside as well.

I've traveled on Carnival several times and it does have alot to offer including entertainment, but you will notice the difference on both levels.

I will be going on Miracle in less then two months.
Yes, Disney magic has the "Dive in Movie Screen". My kids thought that it was cool that they could sit in the hot tub and watch a movie. As long as there are lots of other activities, I'm not too worried. I know that there is no free soda, but I thought you could get juice, coffee, tea (iced tea?) free of charge. Is this true? Is this only during meals? What about when you're on deck by the pool? Is there a place to get free non-soda or non-alcohol drinks? I was planning to get the kids soda cards but I don't think it would be worth it for DH and I.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, cruise, leaving, miracle, movie, ny, nyc, port, reviews, screen, subway, york