Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 04:19 PM

Has anyone attended or actually been a bride or groom at a wedding on board? My fiance and I are considering getting married aboard the Carnival Glory and we're trying to find and con's there might be. We can't seem to find any and I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this first and could tell me about it=)
Old 05-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Wow, sorry for the lack of response. I hope you let us kow how it went.

Tom
Old 05-17-2005, 03:26 PM

I am also interested in this, as my daughter wants to get married on a cruise. I have been checking prices on weddings in our ports of call = Jamaica. The prices I have found are similar to the cruise wedding and I would think the settings would be better. But don't know if this is possible because of the time limit.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:52 PM

From the wedding parties I have witnessed on board, there don't seem to be many cons - other than they have to be performed while the ship is docked in port and then all the guests have to leave before the ship sets sail. I have seen (and heard) many a guest reluctantly leave the ship, wishing that they could stay. Of course if the Bride and Groom invite every one on the honeymoon cruise - then that's another story.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 PM

I have seen a wedding onboard on a sea day, on Princess. I don't know if the captain was performing the ceremony, but some ship's officer was. As we didn't know anyone in the wedding party, I didn't get any details. I believe Princess is one of very few - perhaps the only - major cruise lines that allow this.

One problem with marrying in one of the ports of call is that anything can happen - weather, mechanical problems, medical emergencies, etc. - that could cause the ship to skip that port. No port - no wedding. For that reason, doing it like Nancy described probably works best.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:08 PM

Unless you hold the wedding at the port of embarkation. Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, New Orleans would be beautiful settings.

David Landry

Closed Thread

Tags
wedding