Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 PM

So if you use the self-assist debarkation do you get to leave when you want or do they call for it at a certain time? If so, will they let us know the time the day before you have to leave if your doing self-assist? I'll be with a group of more than 100 people so I'm trying to find out what to tell them. I want to make sure they know they need to eat before leaving so we don't have to have our chartered busses stopping.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Administrator

They really can't tell you an exact time because it depends on so many variables such as the ship's arrival time and most importantly when Customs has released the ship. No one may leave the ship until Customs says so and they don't have to rush if they don't want to. Once Customs says 'okay, you may start debarkation', the self-assist people are one of the first groups which may leave if I recall correctly. Once a group is called that doesn't mean you have to leave at that time or else. You can leave at any time after your group is called. However, they like to get the self-assist people out of the way first because they would otherwise clog up the walkways with all of their luggage and this causes crowding, tripping hazards, etc.

What ship are you going on, and from which port will you be cruising? Someone here may be able to give you a ballpark time that debarkation usually starts. I'd say it rarely would be before 8am anywhere, so I'd just tell my group to ensure they had eaten and were ready to go by that time.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:50 PM

We'll be on the Elation out of Galveston. I'll go ahead and just tell them to eat as soon as breakfast is open. I mean we'll all get to sleep on the bus anyway. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:41 PM

Personally, throughout my cruise experiences, I have found that nt only is carrying off your own luggage the most efficent and hassle free mode of disembarking. You will have plenty of time to eat breakfast before disembarking. In my experience you are free to leave the ship whenever you want (before the last color tag is called) and you can either take your luggage into the dining room/buffet or leave it in your stateroom and retrieve it after you eat. Any questions- Ryanspecialevent@msn.com

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, carnival, celebrity, cruise, debark, debarking, dining, eat, fascination, legend, ncl, place, room, shi, starts, time, victory