Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM

If we choose the self-assist option to debark will we have time to eat breakfast first?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:45 PM

Sure, if you get up early enough.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Yes, buffets will be open, perhaps the dining room as well. Menus may be limited, but you will definitely be able to find something to eat and have coffee/tea/juice.

Keep in mind that you will have all of your bags with you, so I'd suggest finding a table and taking turns going through the buffet line.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 PM

We've found that breakfast in the dining room on disembarkation day is more pleasant - and easier to deal with - than the buffet. It really doesn't take much longer, and as almost everyone goes to the buffet, it actually may take less time. You may want to consider it.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:35 PM
I have not had a problem bringing my luggage into the dinning room.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Let me heartily endorse what Karen said! We used to go to the buffet on debarkation morning, but gave it up years ago. It is usually a stress-filled madhouse because it seems most of the passengers think they are saving time by going there - but they aren't. Long lines, bumping into people, the tables are all filled, etc. Why put up with it when the dining room is open? We typically get seated immediately and have eaten and are out the door in less than 30 minutes or so. And we did so in a relaxed environment that puts us in the proper frame of mind for leaving the ship.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator

I agree -- if the dining room is open, that's the better place to be. I'm not aware of any line that closes its dining room on the last morning, but if you end up at the buffet, be prepared to contend with your bags.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Actually, why would you have to take your bags with you to breakfast anyway? We leave our carry-ons in the room, go to the dining room, then return to the room to gather our stuff and then go to a public area to wait. I've never felt compelled to vacate my cabin as early as possible, so I don't. But we usually are at the dining room as soon as it opens which means we still are out of the cabin before we start cramping the style of the cabin attendant. Would it make any difference if instead of just carry-ons I had all my luggage in the cabin?

I sure wouldn't want to show up at either the buffet or the dining room with a pile of luggage. Wait until you are done eating and then contend with the luggage.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Dave, I carry a lot of items in my carry-on bags that I can't afford to lose -- such as medication and some medical equipment. That's why my mind went directly to the bags. I've also seen pax bring their luggage with them so that they would not have to return to the cabin to retrieve it, as they want to get off the ship with no delays.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
they do not force you off the ship you can leave your carry on lugguge in your cabin while you go eat before debarking the steward starts grooming the rooms that are already vacant, we have gotten out of our cabin as late at 10;00am he can only clean one cabin at a time

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, carnival, celebrity, cruise, debark, debarking, dining, eat, fascination, legend, ncl, place, room, shi, starts, time, victory