Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 06:52 PM

I just want to say how nice this site is. It has really given me a great deal of information.
I have booked a cruise on Holland America's Zuiderdam in the fall.
Any and all suggestions about this cruise line, excursions, etc would be appreciated. It is my 30th anniversary, thus the reason we decided to finally go. It will be our first cruise. We are in our late 40's. Did we pick the right cruise line????? Or will we be bored??
Is it cheaper to book excursion through the local sites?? What is the "norm" for dining in the main dining area?
Can we bring our own "canned" beverages aboard ship to defray the costs???
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Susan
Old 08-20-2003, 06:52 PM

I just want to say how nice this site is. It has really given me a great deal of information.
I have booked a cruise on Holland America's Zuiderdam in the fall.
Any and all suggestions about this cruise line, excursions, etc would be appreciated. It is my 30th anniversary, thus the reason we decided to finally go. It will be our first cruise. We are in our late 40's. Did we pick the right cruise line????? Or will we be bored??
Is it cheaper to book excursion through the local sites?? What is the "norm" for dining in the main dining area?
Can we bring our own "canned" beverages aboard ship to defray the costs???
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Susan
Old 09-01-2003, 10:24 PM

hello,
I just recently got back from a cruise on RC Voyager of the Seas. From my experience, and hearing of the experiences of others I would say that no matter what there will always be something to do. It seems any cruise line really goes out of their way to please as many guests as possible. My boyfreind and I did bring some bottled water in our luggage, and that was fine. It really did help out because a bottle of water was 3 dollars on board. I think it would be better to book excursions through the cruise line itself rather than any other site or person. I've heard that if anything were to happen or go wrong on the excursion then you would be left with nothing to help you out. It is safer to stick with the cruise line in this situation, but others could have had luck going in that direction. I think no matter what it would be pretty unlikely that you would have a bad time. I have never heard of a bad cruise, not that they don't exist, but I myself have never heard of one. Hope I helped.

Closed Thread