Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 PM

Very excited about our first cruise in March on Carnival Legend.

I'm curious if anyone else is booked for this cruise or has been on this ship.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:20 AM
we did the cruise to nowhere on the legend last Oct out of n.y.c. she is pretty large ship and we did not get to see all of her, but you will enjoy your cruise,
Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Banned

We are very interested in this cruise also. I would like to hear from other's that have been on it also. Tom
Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Administrator

To my thinking the Carnival Spirit-class ships, of which the Legend is one, are the most attractive vessels in their fleet. The are truly beautiful and have so much to offer. We have cruised on both the Legend and the Pride and in both cases had outstanding cruises.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Banned

Dave
How about the southern itinerary on the Legend? have you sailed that one and if so what did you think about it?please advise.Tom
Old 01-31-2006, 06:27 PM

I'll be posting a review on March 11th!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:56 PM

Dear B~~~

How excellent for you----your first cruise! We have all of us vacationed and gone on holiday hopefully many times in our past.....but there is nothing like a first cruise! It is sublime: being at sea day after day and then stopping to call at places that we might not have ever gotten to on our own....the feeling of the ship under our feet...the sea air....the night sky....standing in the black midnight wind at the front of the ship while under way...the rewards are endless....

While on a cruise on the Legend of the Seas in April of 2004, I took a few notes about the unique delights of this ship---(I am borrowing from a review that I wrote.)...things that struck me as noteworthy as compared to the many other cruises I have been fortunate enough to have sailed on. Perhaps you might enjoy looking out for these things....In your future these might stand out compared to your second and third cruise on perhaps different ships and cruise lines....

There are laundry rooms with iron and ironing boards on this ship! Bring your own detergent or purchase with quarters. This is so helpful for people with families or anyone who does not wish to lug along a lot of clothes (My Sweetie goes through polo shirts like crazy! Two per day at least!)

Old Timers will nod here: There is a wonderful TEAK! promenade deck, which, with a little imagination and door-opening, could be considered an almost-wrap-prom. (Go through the Enchanted Forest.) I wish there were deck chairs! I shake my head still.....who would think that Carnival would deliver such a classic item, whilst other lines have embraced the artificial Bulidt surfaces!

Commenting on the informal eatery up near the Lido Deck...there is a 24-hour Pizza Station with Caesar Salads. Ice cream is 24-hour too! Every meal in the Unicorn Cafe is a good thing because of all of the variety and the infrequent lines. I really appreciated the excellent and very huge-selection salad bar off to one side. For the regular food choices, there are over six food stations--no lines.

Hot chocolate machines in the Unicorn Cafe!......Elsewhere on board there is a formal Afternoon Tea done several days during the cruise (one day in the Piano Bar Lounge); the set-up looked formal and inviting, but I wasn't able to attend.

Take advantage, or at the very, very least, take notice of the fact that this ship has a pool and pool deck not only in the middle of the ship but also on the aft end of the ship---as was quite common years ago. It is quite wonderful to have your lounge chair very near the aft railing....reading a wonderful novel....hearing the ship's wake.... Ah....

Bon Voyage!

Lana
Old 02-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Banned

Lana
You said Legend of the seas.Are you talking about the Carival Legend Or RCL'S Legend of the Sea's? Tom
Old 02-01-2006, 06:09 AM

Good catch Tom~~what a typo!

Yes, indeed the ship I am referring to is the Carnival Legend.

Apologies for any confusion: In the past I've been able to go back and fix errors; I was unable to repair this mistake, unfortunately.

Lana
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 PM

I planned on doing a daily photo blog of the journey, but I fear the internet cost will be enormous.

I'll just do it all offline and then upload it when I get home. POOF!

If the cruise is 1/16th as much fun as the anticipation of it, I think I'm in for a treat.

I am a bit frightend of a few things, and perhaps ya'll can calm my fears.

1. I'm going to vomit my guts out constantly.

2. There are people there who are going to try and get me to participate in stupid crap (i.e. Karakoke, the conga line, limbo, mr. legs contest).

3. The wait staff in the restaurants will sing and dance while you're trying to eat.

4. The food will suck everywhere except the restaurant where you have to pay extra.

5. People will constantly be taking my photograph and then trying to sell it to me.

6. I won't be able to find a quiet room to smoke a cigar.

7. The room will be smaller than my buttocks.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, chocolate, cruise, hot, itinerary, legend, machine, southern