Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM

We just got back from our cruise on the Inspiration. We are thinking of planning our November honeymoon on the Freedom. Has anyone been on this yet? Is it great or not? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:41 AM

Josh & Amy:

We haven't sailed on Carnival Freedom, yet, but it is only 22 days away for us, now!!! Woot!

We received our documents this week..
...and will be submitting a review after we get back.

I think it's going to be a GREAT cruise.

If you're interested in learning more, have you visited John Heald's blog? He's the Cruise Director for the Carnival Freedom...it's a great source of laughter and information!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi Josh & Amy,
I was on Carnival Freedom March 26th to April 7th, 2007. This was our first European Cruise.
I did find that being a first time European cruiser, it was a bit scarey because all they keep telling you, is to watch out for the pick pockets at all the ports and not to wear any expensive jewelry. We managed fine though.
The ship is beautiful. If you eat in the dining room the food is very good. Friends of ours at on the Lido deck for dinner and they weren't very happy with the food.
A few people found that the food was a little too spicy for them and asked for their meal without the gravy. I guess it's up to the individual persons taste or liking.
You'll have a Great time on that ship.
Terry R was definitely right about John Herald. He is FANTASTIC, and so funny there was times that I laughted so hard I cried. Go to www.carnival.com/freedom and click on John Heralds blogs.
IF you decide to go have a Wonderful Time. IF you have any other questions just ask. I'll help you out as much as I can.
Sandy p
Costa Atlantica 2/2002-- 2/2005----Magica 2/2006
Concordia 1/2008
HAL MS Zuiderdam 9/03
MS Zaandam 1/04
Sun Princess 9/05
Royal Caribbean :
Majesty of the Seas 11/01
Sovereign of the Seas 12/02
MSC Orchestra 1/09
Ru** Princess 10/09

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terri R.:
Josh & Amy:

We haven't sailed on Carnival Freedom, yet, but it is only 22 days away for us, now!!! Woot!

We received our documents this week..
...and will be submitting a review after we get back.

I think it's going to be a GREAT cruise.

If you're interested in learning more, have you visited John Heald's blog? He's the Cruise Director for the Carnival Freedom...it's a great source of laughter and information!
Terri R.,
Hope you like it. I saw the Freedom on a show on the Travel Channel. It looks like there are a lot of activities on it.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhonda66:
Terri R.,
Hope you like it. I saw the Freedom on a show on the Travel Channel. It looks like there are a lot of activities on it.
15 days until we leave, now! (17 'till we cruise)....

Oh, I wish I had seen that program on the Travel Channel!!!

John Heald is the (legendary) CD on the Freedom, so I imagine there will be plenty to keep us entertained and busy! Hubby and I both really enjoy days at sea, and I believe there are three on this cruise. I imagine we'll try a round of mini-golf!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:21 AM

It is now 5 days until we leave, 7 until we board the Carnival Freedom!

I am so excited!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Terry R. Quote: It is now 5 days until we leave, 7 until we board the Carnival Freedom!

I am so excited!!!

Terry where are you staying for the 2 days before you go on the ship?
Our next cruise next Jan, 2008 to Europe on Costa Concordia we will be staying in Rome and we're trying to figure out how to get around to see the different sites that we're planning on seeing.
If your a smoker, make sure you bring your own cigarettes (that is unless your use to the European cigarettes) I am a smoker unfortunately, and didn't think about not being able to buy U.S. cigarettes. Marlboro's were $32.99 a carton on the ship, and in Izmir, Turkey they were 16 Euro's.
You will have a Wonderful and Exciting time. Is this your first European cruise?
Sandy p
Costa Atlantica 2/2002-- 2/2005----Magica 2/2006
Concordia 1/2008
HAL MS Zuiderdam 9/03
MS Zaandam 1/04
Sun Princess 9/05
Royal Caribbean :
Majesty of the Seas 11/01
Sovereign of the Seas 12/02
MSC Orchestra 1/09
Ru** Princess 10/09

Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 PM

I just got back and it was the best cruise I've been on (about 7 so far). Pick pockets are not that bad, i never wore my wedding ring off the boat and one guy did get his rolex lifted off his arm.
The ship is not as pretty as most, but is nice. The movie screen outside at night is nice for movies but I never had time to watch it but for a few minutes. They had a good selection of movies. Istanbul was one of our favorite stops. We loved the bazaar and I came home with some pretty lanterns. I heard some say they didn't like the bazaar so it is not for
every one. any alcohol purchased on the boat cannot be put in your carry on bag because of the new liquid restictions. bring bubble wrap and place in your other luggage. the
Roman jewelry sold on the last sea day is beautiful, food was great and our matr d Ken at posh sitting was spectacular. he sings and dances, was great. The rooms have regular plug ins, some one told me i would need an european attachment but I didn't. You will need to bring extra hangers for the closet. Pompey is a must for an excrusion and ephesus was wonderful.If you have any specific questions answer back . captivagirl
Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll be on the Freedom in December.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 05-30-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Terry where are you staying for the 2 days before you go on the ship?
Just returned last Sunday from our trip...it was great!

To answer your question, we only had one day stay before embarking -- you lose a day flying plus time differences. In other words, we left Los Angeles on a Friday afternoon (California time) and arrived in Italy on Saturday afternoon (Italy time). We stayed the Saturday evening at the Hotel Mediterraneo in Civitavecchia, which is only about 2-and-a-half blocks from the port entrance, facing the promenade along the beach/coast. The hotel is nice, and the price of $120 Euro for an oceanview room for the night (which included a pretty nice continental breakfast) seemed reasonable enough. Our room had a door that opened onto a VERY large patio that overlooked the promenade. That would've been nice if we'd been staying more than just the one night, perhaps (we'd have made more use of it, I suppose) but it actually made the doorway (and thus our room) accessible to other rooms (the adjoining patios were only separated by a very short wall, one that could easily be stepped over). Because of that, we did not feel as though we could leave the door open even a little bit during the night, which would've been nice since it was very warm and although the room was air conditioned, the thermostat was set to an uncomfortably warm (for us) temperature and we couldn't figure out how to change it. There was enough language barrier that we didn't want to bother trying to get the hotel crew to change it for us. Rooms on higher floors only had small pseudo-balconies and we noticed that many of the occupants had left their sliding doors slightly ajar to catch a sea breeze during the night.

My husband and I had a ridiculous amount of luggage, but all pieces are wheeled and attach together with straps, so we were able to handle 3 pieces each. We had no trouble whatsoever walking -- even with all our luggage -- to the port entrance on embarkation day, where there are big shuttle buses to ferry you to the ship (just look for the sign in the front window that says "Carnival Freedom"). I mention the ease of walking because as I was waiting in the lobby of the hotel just before we left, three women came in with their luggage. They had just disembarked the Carnival Freedom and were staying at the Hotel Mediterraneo that evening before flying home the next day. They had had NO idea where the hotel was located, and had flagged a taxi at the port entrance. The taxi took the three women and their luggage 2-and-a-half blocks for 54 Euro (roughly $73-$75)!!!! They figured they had just been ripped off -- I tend to agree with them!

Closed Thread

Tags
22, blog, carnival, dining, door, freedom, herald, jan, john, purchased, ring, rooms, shows, sliding, temperature