Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM

although i paid for transportation through carnivaldo i have to take it? i want to get to the pier earlier than 1:00. so i figured if i took a cab out of ft.lauderdale at 9:00 to miami
pier i should get there at 10:00. am i correct.
how much do cabs cost. is this possible
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM

You can take a cab from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and depending on traffic you should be there within an hour. I doubt the cab fare would be as reasonable as the transfer you purchased through Carnival. You could google the cab fare, it might be listed. I understand wanting to get there early, but you might be standing in line for a while. It depends on how quickly they clear the disembarking passengers on when they will start allowing new passengers to board. Best wishes!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shondie:
although i paid for transportation through carnivaldo i have to take it? i want to get to the pier earlier than 1:00. so i figured if i took a cab out of ft.lauderdale at 9:00 to miami
pier i should get there at 10:00. am i correct.
how much do cabs cost. is this possible
Shondie,
I'm sure that Carnival, once they have your money, do not really care if you use their transport or not but your fellow passengers might. Carnival will make an attempt to find you at the airport if you don't show up. Be sure to check in with the red/white/blue Carnival rep that you will be finding your own way. As I recall, and it was 2 years ago, cab from Ft Lauderdale to Miami was not chicken feed, on the order of $60-$70 I think. you can call a cab company, they would quote and maybe even reserve for you. Perhaps others passengers will share the cab with you if you are not already 4 people with luggage.

There is no point in getting to the pier before they start loading. Check your documents, if you arrive to early you will just stand in line outside the terminal, not really fun unless you are a good conversationalist.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM

I googled it and it seems like it would be somewhere between $50-75. As a courtesy to your fellow passengers, please let them know at the front desk of your hotel that you will not be taking the shuttle. That way the shuttle service will not be waiting for your party and searching for you in vain.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, not, paid, transportation, transportion