Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
As soon as I leave home and my journey to the ship begins, is the start of my holiday. The trip to the ship can be stressful, but it is also exciting to be on the way. Of course the anticipation has been building from the day the cruise is booked.
We are taking the Amtrak from Buffalo to Philadelphia in November for our next cruise. Most of the flights had one or two stops and plane changes and took almost as long as the train, not to mention the increased possibility of lost luggage. But we got a good direct flight back from Charleston.

Need some cruise help?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM

Thanks, Billy. I-95 is always a nightmare to endure. I have been driving at night to avoid most of it while going to Jacksonville or Port Canaveral.

On the Bee Line you can see the ship's funnel when you cross the Intracoastal bridge.

Dwayne
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 PM

Seeing the ship as you arrive at the port for the first time is always exciting but I know my cruise has begun when they hand me my sail & sign card . That's when it begins, but the best feeling is walking on deck the first night of the cruise taking in the warm air and the smell of the ocean.

As far as I'm concerned, flying is a lot safer than any other form of travel and much quicker. Besides, when your time is up, it's up!Thats how I keep myself calm on an airplane.

Besides, as the plane goes quickly, I'm fine with it...ok, j/k but really, you could get killed on the way to the supermarket to pick-up a gallon of milk. In fact, my grandmother who is 78 just broke her hip when she slipped on a wet floor walking into a convenience store last week. Who woulda thought? If my grandfather hadn't asked her to pick-up a gallon of milk that night, she would have been fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Mine starts when I'm on deck with a Funship Special in hand!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Believe it or not I get that feeling when I book my cruise, but the feeling that supersedes that is when I am at the airport and I see someone else's luggage with the cruise tags. That's when I know I am not alone on the cruise and that the cruise is really real. I may do a four day in Oct. not sure yet. stay well all!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:11 AM

The minute I step foot on the ship.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:59 AM
I get that feeling as soon as I am leaving home the morning of the cruise......I am officially on a cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Penney3333 made me remember how much I love the sound of the ships horn, and can't wait to hear it on Sept 23rd yeah!! We even love to Muster, everyone is happy and you know it is all about to begin......

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-13-2008, 08:03 AM

I miss the old days when they would play "Anchors Aweigh" when leaving the pier. On my first cruise they had confetti. They quit doing that for obvious environmental reasons. It was fun though.

Dwayne
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I really really get excited when i step on board the ship and head to my room to see it for the first time, drop off my bags and head up to the lido deck to catch the fun of the set sail party that takes place. It's nothing more exciting then watching the ship pull away from the port.

Caribbean Resort Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruisin, deck, im, lido, lyrics, review