Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Hi... We are sailing next month on that new beautiful ship "Splendor". We can not find lots of info about that ship. Is anyone who as sailed with the Splendor could tell us... the positive side of it or negative side of it??
I heard there were not realy much chairs around the pool for everyone... is that possible on a new ship and that there was not enough space on the top deck to put chairs and lay down? Is that possible??

The food seems to be... Carnival Quality... delicious... good staff... Please, give us some hint of what to expect...
Thanks!!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Hi... We are sailing next month on that new beautiful ship "Splendor". We can not find lots of info about that ship. Is anyone who as sailed with the Splendor could tell us... the positive side of it or negative side of it??
I heard there were not realy much chairs around the pool for everyone... is that possible on a new ship and that there was not enough space on the top deck to put chairs and lay down? Is that possible??

The food seems to be... Carnival Quality... delicious... good staff... Please, give us some hint of what to expect...
Thanks!!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM

Pool side chairs will always be a problem because people save them and walk away for hours. I don't think the Splendor will be any different than any other ship in that regard. Your best bet is to get there early. I'm sure you'll be able to get sun, just maybe not right at the pool. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:04 PM

I am not sure if you've read them yet, there are a few reviews on the review side of the forum. Here is a link.

Dwayne
Old 03-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned

We sailed on the Splendor in November and loved it.

Food and service were consistant with all our other Carnival cruises.

I love the fact that Deck 9 (Lido) is smokefree entirely...even on the outside. You have to go to deck 10 to smoke on the Starboard side.

This is also the first ship to offer nonsmoking cabins (Spa cabins) which also does not allow smoking on their balconies.

Since we had a Spa cabin, we also had full use of the thalasso pool and I loved that (even though I am not a Spa person).

Overall a lovely ship.....
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 AM

Thank's for your info... You seemed to have done more than one cruise so... your infos are precious...hihii
We booked on the Empress, 7e floor.... any comments??

But most of all, eventhough you were in the spa section, can you tell me... when you want to lay down around the pool... on the upper deck... is it true that is very narrow... that you can't realy lay down on that upper deck?? Are there enough chairs??

For the dining... good food as you tell me... is there a lobster night??

Anything else we should know?? positive, negative... things not to miss...

Leaving in a month... so anxious... so many comments everywhere, but rare are those who did realy done the Splendor so...
Thanks for your infos...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM

quote:
I love the fact that Deck 9 (Lido) is smokefree entirely...even on the outside. You have to go to deck 10 to smoke on the Starboard side.

Are you sure about that? That would make all three outside Lido bars on Deck 9 non-smoking. I know the aft Lido bar and deck area on the Conquest class ships are non-smoking. They have always allowed smoking at the mid Lido bar on the starboard side.

Dwayne
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Hello Tacha,

Welcome to cruisechat!! I went on the splendor last november and despite just a few minor details i had a good time i was on a 8 day cruise. You will read that alot of people were turned off by the color of the ship and the design but to me it was beautiful, we had a great itinarary and the weather for the most part ws good a few rough sea days but thats to be expected sometimes but other than that dont hesitate to go on the splendor you will enjoy!!!!

Caribbean Resort Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chairs, cruise, pool, splendor