Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 AM

so, i just got the best call ever, and since i can't reach my girlfiend on her phone, all you fine people get to be some of the first to know

my girlfriend and i are going on the Miracle in a month or so, and we reserved an inside stateroom....wanted to save a bit of money, and only needed a place to sleep....so my TA calls today (who also happens to be a friend), and says she got the docs and needed to double check my mailing address - im excited enough about that....then she asks if im sitting down, because she got us (and all our friends) upgraded to a outside staterooms with extended balconies....im super psyched!! i heard upgrades like that rarely happen, so i dont know how she did it, but im beyond happy she did

- official doc dance to follow -
Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

Congratulations Mike! Can't ask for better news right before your cruise. You just earned some brownie points with your girlfriend.

A'ndrea
Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM

thanks! i cant wait to tell her

is this type of upgrade as rare as i think?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM

EXCELLENT upgrade! Oh you're going to have such a wonderful time.

We sailed the Miracle in March and it immediately because THE ship everything else has to compare to. We had a fabulous time. The ship is so easy to find things and there's always something fun going on.

Congrats on that incredible upgrade. (When we sailed we booked my son and his gf in a balcony guarantee and they wound up with a cat 11 suite. So perhaps this should be renamed the Carnival Upgrade instead of the Miracle! haha)

Kim
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM

Sorry, Mike... Upgrades like that are very common. Almost as common as a cure for cancer, world peace, and Lindsay Lohan being sober. Just kidding. That is a rare upgrade indeed!! Your girlfriend is going to flip. Congrats and have a great cruise.
P.S. Tell your friends that you can get them upgraded to a balcony for $100. (Sorry, I just have that bad entrepreneurial spirit. )
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

hi everyone.I am sailing on the liberty with some friends,how to we go about getting a upgrade from inside cabin to balcony?Plus we are past guests but booked with a group
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM

Well if you're booked with a group, you've already got a discounted price and probably some OBC or gifts. If your TA hasn't given you those yet, you will get them once the group has all booked.

As for upgrades, there's no rhyme or reason but it seems that the best way to get one is to book a guarantee rate. So either IS gty, OV gty, etc. Be aware though that it doesn't mean you'll GET an upgrade, but it means that you can get any level of that category. So if you book a ocean view guarantee for example, you COULD get a balcony, but most likely it will be an ocean view but it could be on the lowest priced deck, or maybe a higher deck. But the only "guarantee" you'll have is that you'll get the lowest level or higher, whatever that may be.

Bottom line is: book what you can live with and then don't expect more. If you get it, great. If you don't, you won't be disappointed.

Kim
Old 08-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Congratulations, MiketheKid!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Way to go. We sailed her in October and had our second best cruise ever!!

Alaska was first...and we loved Alaska!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
So, not only are you old enough to post on a internet chat site, you are old enough to appreciate the Holy Grail of upgrades! I take back all those evil things I was thinking about you! So enjoy your cruise, and I hope you don't need to try your remedy for seasickness.

Closed Thread

Tags
bowl, carnival, cruise, super, triumph