Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 AM

brneyes, Sorry I missunderstood what you were talking about. They have past guest special rates for booking certain cruises. Since reading your new post about the $50, It may be the "Welcome Home Offer". It is a $50 savings off of a cruise if you book within 60 days of the last one. It was the part about getting the credit for being a past guest I was referring to.

Past guests (unless you have 25) do not get OBC's just for being past guests normally. I didn't want people thinking that was the case. Most of the time an OBC is given after final payment is made and there is a price adjustment to the rate.

That is just my understanding of it though. I am sure some of the Pro's know the details better and can give a better explanation.

Dwayne
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 AM

hi Brneyes, you TA may be organising an on-board credit because he/she may want to keep you has a repeat customer. He/she would be more then likely taken it from their commission. If your TA organised it I dont think its something to do with the cruise company. Be grateful for the extra bonus your getting- not everyone gets it..
Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 AM

You don't get an OBC simply for being a past guest. It is possible the TA is doing what Dwayne suggested--using the $50 Welcome Home, or it is also possible that your TA's agency has group space blocked on the sailing and they are giving onboard credit as an amenity.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:34 AM

I'm sorry, but I still don't know what OBC stands for??? Would you mind explanging???

All I know is my TA said we were getting credit for doing another Carnival trip, since I had been on there before.

brneyes
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Dizzybelle, thank you for the info.

I don't know, but if I understoodmy TA right, I thought she said Carnival was giving it for "repeat" customers.

Yes, I am very thankful.

brneyes
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

quote:
I still don't know what OBC stands for

That would be On-Board Credit.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi Dwayne, I'm Still confused. I don't know what the OBC stands for, and it was about a "year" later before I booked with Carnival again, so perhaps maybe??? it is the agency doing this credit, althought I understood her to say it was Carnival.

brneyes
Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 AM

Hello, by the time I have read all the responses back, I am "confused." Maybe Carnival doesn't give the credit, but I understood my TA to say that Carnival was giving it to us, and who am I to "refuse" an onboard credit, no matter how it comes.

brneyes
Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Thank you, and YES I have "printed" of the email where my TA said we "both" would be getting onboard credit, and I plan to take it to the Purser's desk, to make sure we get it, or my TA will HEAR from me.

brneyes

P.S. That is why it is "always" good to have someing in writing or print, as your proof.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM

Thank you Dave, what a "simple" answer, but as I said, I had NO clue, but "now" I know.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
account, board, caribbean, carnival, certificate, crdit, credit, credits, cruise, cruises, crusie, onboard, princess, royal, show, what