Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm first time cruising on Victory next week (Feb 25). I booked late (Feb 16), and my travel agent indicated the vacation company guaranteed me an oceanview room, however, gave me a "Run of ship" category, meaning I do not have an assigned cabin, and I will not know until I get to the ship itself. Any insight about pros/cons here? Perhaps I get stuck with a not-so-popular cabin? Also, FYI when I check my reservation on carnival.com, it is showing my stateroom as oceanview balcony, so I guess I got upgraded? If so, COOL!

Carnival Victory 2/25/07
Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Booking 9 days before sailing and you're worried about getting stuck with a not-so-popular cabin? Man, you're lucky to be on the ship, much less with a balcony cabin! There are no "cons" in this deal.
Have a great cruise!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:00 AM

Hi Ballphan,

Carnival does not use the term "Run of the Ship" any longer. They stopped several years ago. They use "Category Gaurantee". There is no such booking rate code for that to my knowledge.

You can book a Gaurantee of a certain Category. Example: Inside Outside Balcony. Then book the lowest deck and price. With the Guarantee you can get Upgraded to higher.

So unless you know what Gaurantee you booked, who knows if you got Upgraded. Carnival does offer great deals on late cruises if not sold out.

As Mattox said, you are lucky to go and have a Balcony. And I hope you have a wonderful cruise.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:52 AM

Thanks everyone. Air Canada vacations used the Run of Ship term, the conversation between them and my travel agent seems to senter around the difference between run of ship and a room guarantee. I got an oceanview guarantee. The reservation is still showing oceanview balcony. I'm looking forward to my first cruise!!!

Carnival Victory 2/25/07

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, category, considered, cruise, cruises, deals, guarantee, guarate, line, lines, oceanview, reviews, run, ship