Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 PM

I am a first time cruiser. I am booked to go on Carnival Paradise in September. I need to know if being at the bottom of the ship, on the Riviera deck is bad for motion. I believe they have me slated to be in room R117. Of course I'll take Dramamine, but I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be bad off. I think this is a category 1A. Someone mentioned a category 4A to me. Is that better? What is the main difference. I also want to make sure that my husband and I can push the beds together. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:59 PM

Keya,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

The best cabin location as far as a ship's motion is concerned is low in the ship, amidships. The higher you get in a ship and the more towards the bow and the stern from amidships, the more motion you will feel.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-01-2005, 06:59 PM

Category 1A usually has bunk beds; 4A may not. Both are inside cabins (no window). If bunk beds are not what you want (for example, if you have a romantic getaway in mind) then by all means try to upgrade to a cabin where you can push beds together! Ask your TA to get you upgraded - it will no doubt be worth extra cost, but sometimes it's possible to get one at the same price.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the info guys! I called my travel agent as well, and she upgraded me to a different deck. I still have an interior (which is fine), but I feel better being on a little higher deck, amidship, where I will feel less motion. She assured me that I can push beds together into a King.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keya:
I am a first time cruiser. I am booked to go on Carnival Paradise in September. I need to know if being at the bottom of the ship, on the Riviera deck is bad for motion. I believe they have me slated to be in room R117. Of course I'll take Dramamine, but I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be bad off. I think this is a category 1A. Someone mentioned a category 4A to me. Is that better? What is the main difference. I also want to make sure that my husband and I can push the beds together. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:32 AM

Keya~~~

I don't know if your still around the boards, but I am concerned for you regarding possible motion sickness.

You're not sailing until September, so there is time for you to see your doctor, get a prescription for Transderm Scop patches, and to try them out beforehand. You would wear one behind one ear and change it every couple of days throughout your cruise.

A friend of mine, who is a tiny lady of 105 pounds cuts her patches in half and uses one-half at a time.

Lana

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, bottom, carnival, cruise, paradise, r117, ship, stateroom