Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 AM
I have one experience with vip check-in at tampa.we where not that impressed with preboading. is there a seperate waiting room for vips? or are we out there with everyone else like in tampa? and if i have a group of 6 others that are with me,can they check-in with us even though they are not vips.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I have one experience with vip check-in at tampa.we where not that impressed with preboading. is there a seperate waiting room for vips? or are we out there with everyone else like in tampa? and if i have a group of 6 others that are with me,can they check-in with us even though they are not vips.
I wasn't too impressed with the VIP check-in in Tampa either. That was two years ago though. I haven't cruised out of Miami for some time now and wasn't a VIP the last time I did, so I don't know about a separate room for VIP's.

I have heard varied accounts as to who can go through the VIP check-in with you. To the best of my knowledge the additional staterooms are supposed to have a minor child, or sharing the same Sail & Sign account. Again, I've heard varied accounts of this.

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

The good news is that you will love VIP Check In in Miami.

They have a completely separate room with lots of comfy couches to relax while you wait to board.

A lady will come in and gather everyone together to take them on board.

The BAD news is that your friends will not be allowed to board with you if they are not VIP (Platinum or in a Suite).

We watched time and time again as people tried this and the Miami Carnival Reps said no way...not even for one person.

The only exception is IF a family with children (especially that are minors) have booked TWO cabins....a Suite and a lesser cabin for the kids. In that case, they all go through VIP.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Thanks LHP. I knew what the official policy was about the extra people. I'm actually glad to hear they are enforcing it. In Port Canaveral they just had a separate area roped off. They were pretty good about keeping us informed when they would take us through. Luckily we only had a few wedding parties ahead of us, so we were onboard a little after 11:30. They may have to rope off some more space for our cruise.

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
you guys were right.they will not beable to board with us,so i guess i wont get the vip checkin.i have one of those sister in-laws that will demand us to stay with them so she wont be seperated from here sister.and want everyone in the pic before we get on, i have paid my dues to become a vip,and i guess i will have to what a couple of years to experience a good one!its not like she will be alone.she has her boyfriend a two other couples with her.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 PM

You can still use the VIP check-in to get "checked-in" and then spend some time with your sister in law while she waits in line.

Dwayne
Old 05-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

I was about to suggest the same thing.

Since your cards have been pulled and placed in the VIP office...you can tell your sisterinlaw that you have no choice.

Let them get in line to get checked in...you and your wife go check in at the VIP and then go find the rest of your party.

The Miami terminal is one BIG ROOM...so you won't have any problem finding them.

You have to go up an escalator to get your group picture taken just before you get on the ship....so there will be plenty of time to find your group....
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM

I have 1 more cruise than my wife. Therefore I will be eligible for VIP sooner than she. Will she be able to board with me? We will be in the same cabin. Viet
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Will she be able to board with me?
Yes.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:02 PM

How early should we be there for VIP? We want to get on the ship ASAP because we want to make a change to our dining table if possible. Our ship leaves at 4:00.

Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, check, checkin, costa, cruise, cruising, embarkation, entry, glory, lounge, miami, port, suite, tampa, vip