Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 AM

I have only taken two cruises and was wondering what is the cheapest way to purchase tickets?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 AM

Many cruise lines offer "one-day sales" or some other kind of promotion. Of course, you have your wholesalers like travelzoo and, actually, a website called cheaptickets. I, on the other hand, prefer to have a good relationship with a reputable travel agent. Preferably, someone that is familiar with your travel habits and can give you invaluable information. They can book cruises as well as help you with transfers, excursions, and trip insurance. Sure, you can do all that stuff online but, it's nice to have someone else go through the hassle. A couple of times I have booked a cruise while on a cruise. Most cruises that I have been on usually offer future cruises at either a reduced rate or guarantee a certain amount of onboard credit. Either way, it's just a personal preference.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM

I tell people 2 pieces of advice on getting a low price on a cruise. Remembere these are MY opinions.

1) Don't waste your money on a room. ALL the inside rooms are identical whether they are on floor 3 or 9. The ONLY difference in inside and outside is a window. Is a window worth paying $100 more per person?? If not, get inside guaranteed. It is the lowest price.

2) Purchase with CARNIVAL directly OR with a reputable travel agent. If the cruise line lowers the fare before you go, just ask the person you booked with to contact Carnival. They will give you the difference in shipboard credit.

Those are my tips. Others will have others.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 PM

PA Steve is 100% correct on this one.
We have booked inside rooms 4A with Carnival on our last 4 cruises. The price has gone down on every one and we received a credit from Carnival. We booked our last cruise on the Miracle at $629 per person. By the time the final payment was due we got it for only $449 per person.
Just keep checking the prices on the web and call Carnival when it goes down in price. I have called 3 different times before for one cruise and it was reduced each time.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM
If it is strictly a price thing, yes go with the inside cabin that will be the best deal. If I am going on a short (3 or 4 day) cruise that is what I do.. If it is a week or longer I got to at least have a window.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 AM

My thinking is in concurence with the previous post. That is just me though as I can see the ocean anytime where I live. Sometimes it gets sadly taken for granted though. At this stage of life I am all for saving money and the getting to go aspect. I certainly understand the balcony lovers though. If it was the same price I would be signing up as well

Carnival does protect your price point at least up until final payment date. I am in total agreement with Steve and Larry.

Just my 1 cent worth,
IslandCruz
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the great advise. I do have a good friend that is a travel agent. He booked my last cruise. I didn't know about the credit so I will keep a close eye on the price. Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheaptickets, comments, cruise, review, tickets