Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 06:37 AM

They put wristbands on the kids. And yes the Parent or Custodian are only allowed to sign the kid in or out to my knowledge. I have never heard of someone getting the wrong kid.

Dwayne
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiritfilled:
I have a few questions about camp carnival myself My niece and cousins will be cruising with us in May and I was wondering just how safe is camp carnival I mean these are our babies, is there some kind of sign in /sign out type of deal or is it color coded to your child what secures their safety from leaving with the wrong individual. The pagers are a nice touch I must say.
For the past few years, the only adult who could sign them out had to be the same one who signed them in....you had to show your Sail and Sign card and they matched up the Folio numbers which are on the card. I believe I read where they had expanded this to the person who drops them off "and" one of the person you designate...but I am not positive. It may still be only the person who dropped them off.

They are very vigilant. But they are human and I am sure the mistakes do happen. I just know that they do everything in their power for it not to.

As I am sure you already know, the children must be 2 years old to go to Camp Carnival.
By that age, they usually "recognize" Mom or Dad.

Actually the danger on cruise ships are for older children who are not supervised. A child predator is not going to chance being identified by going to Camp Carnival. They are going to lurk in the shadows of the ship.

This is why it is SO important that parents supervise their children on these ships. We know that Carnival has done background checks in employees...but you never know who your neighbor is. There have been to many pictures found on predator computers of these creeps with "groups of kids"...so going in a "group" is no substitue for parental supervision.

OK...I am off my soapbox now. Sorry, I have just seen far to many kids put at an unnecessary risk on these ships.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 AM

My daughter has done the camps on several cruises. Sometimes she gets involved in particular activites and sometimes just hangs out at the pool with me. It really depends if she meets someone right away in the camp, then she stays more. I find that boys 9 and older find it to be boring unless they are playing the play station or something. The video arcade is separate and they using like roaming with new friends better. Girls however love crafts and different things such as scavenger hunts. Whereas older boys don't care for it. So each cruise can be different depending on the kids on the boat and their ages. I get the soda card for my daughter because she loves the umbrella and fruit they put in it, plus she likes to be able to order from the waiter, makes her feel grown. I just limit her and usuary it is sprite which is caffeine free. But as already stated, lemonaide, fruit punch and tea is available at the windjammer, self serve. Have a great trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
babies, camp, carnival, child, children, childrens, cruise, forums, photo, pictures, pride, reviews, safe, safety, spirit, tips