Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM

We are arriving early morning and wanting any suggestion on things to do in Miami. We should be arriving around 9:00 am.

Also a little scared given the storms brewing
Old 09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Luv2Cruise12345:

So, you are arriving in Miami two days early? Tommorow?

Well, you could hang-out on South Miami Beach, if you like the trendy "in-crowd" scene.

You could visit the usuall tourist spots:[list]
  • Miami Seaquarium
  • Miami-Dade Metro Zoo
  • Parrot Jungle
  • Monkey Jungle

I will go to Miami in November on my cruise. I will leave a couple of days early. One of the spots I will visit is "Coral Castle". I was born and raised in Miami, and visited Coral Castle when I was very young and have only the most vague memories of the place. Anyway, it was built by this small man who immigrated from Latvia. He built it all alone, in memory of his lost love. Scientists and engineers don't know how he did it. He claimed he knew the secrets of how the pyramids were built. Some claimed he had magical powers to move coral weighing tons, all by himself. Coral Castle is on the Registry of Historical Places. They also call it the Americas Stonehedge. It is a long drive south of Miami, However; down in Homestead, FL (about 35 miles south of Miami). But it is right off of US1, visible from the highway.
    Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
    I see how one can become worried with the storms in the Atlantic. But I hear it is quite safe to be in a cruise ship. That is because the captain will be aware of the storms out there and is capable keeping the ship clear of them. Although, the seas might be rougher than usuall. And the intinerary might be subject to change without notice, depending on where the storms might be.

For me, I always cruise in November. So the likely hood of bad storms (hurricanes, tropical storms, etc.) is low during that time.
    Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 AM

We scheduled to arrive in Miami on the 10th and don't board ship till the 13, so we can take short side trip to Key West. Have always wanted to visit there. So we created our own little excursion. Counting the days now. Getting closer and closer. Boarding the TRIUMPH on
    Oct. 13.
    Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
    Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Sorry for the confusion. We are arriving Sept. 8 (same day as our cruise) but getting into Miami around 9:30 in the morning. We were wondering if we had time to go anywhere. We will be taking a taxi to the ship.
    Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM

My humble opinion is you should head straight for the ship. With the taxi you should get there just in time to be one of the first in line. It is so awesome to be one of the first on the ship!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
    arrival, arriving, carnival, cruise, early, hang, miami, morning, ports, ship, spots, tourists, truimp