Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 06:08 PM

How much do pictures cost now?
Can I ask for 5x7's or do I have to get 8x10's
How much is the photo album(I saw it new on ebay for 9.95 new)
Does anyone have any tips for the fantasy? We are going on Sept.22 2007. I've about lined out our excursions but I don't know what to do on the ship. I'm the type of person who likes to keep busy. You will not find me lying on a chair soaking up sun for more than a few minutes. We went 5 years ago to Nassau, and we did not see any shows or do any games. I think we just....well...ate,ate,ate LOL Has the ship really been refurbished since it was used for fema? We will be staying on Empress in the middle of the ship. We have one ocean view and one inside room, directly across from each other. Thanks! You guys have been a big help!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
The Fantasy was not used as a FEMA Charter. The 3 Ships involved were the Holiday, Sensation and Ecstasy.

The Fantasy was based out of Port Canaveral at the time. While the Sensation was based in New Orleans.
After the contract - the Sensation had trouble with its engines and could not go full speed for a 4-5 day cruise itineraty, but was fast enough for a 3-4 day run, so Carnival decided to permanently swap the 2 ships and moved the Sensation to Port Canaveral and the Fantasy to New Orleans.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was mistaken about the fantasy being used for FEMA. It's funny, I have talked to several people who did not prefer the fantasy. When we went in 2000(I think it was 2000) we thought it was wonderful. I hope we still enjoy it as much.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 PM

They have refurbished it since 2000 and totally redone the promenade. I always have fun on the Fantasy.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I should have stock in the photographers as when I see the pictures I buy em all! I expecially loved the ones from the Pride, best photographers so far. I have all sizes, and if you wait until the last day you will get better prices on the albums. There not that much in price. I take all the camera shots (stills and movie) and the cruise shots is the only way I have a picture with me in it. One thing we did this year that was so much fun and that is one of our new friends we met and have kept in contact with shared his video on a DVD and I sent one to him of what I took. It was amazing to see all the things they saw that we didn't and the same response from them. I think it will be something to do from this point on. Great fun. Anyway back to your question I paid $20.00 for the 8X10 and $10.00 for the 5X7. Remember you don't have to buy any of them if you don't want. They are made in different sizes, some are big and some small. You can make a special order, but I buy them as they are. We went on the Fantasy and as far as what to do? All I can say is you will NEVER get bored. There is so much to do, just remember you cannot do it all. First time out we tried and about killed ourselves until we learned all the activities are made to spread people out so nothing becomes crowded. Just have fun and let what happens happen.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 03-07-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm a picture nut! We will probably use this as our Christmas photos, as it will only be 3 months from Christmas. Anyway, that will be the excuse Ican use to buy a bunch. I scrapbook too, so that will be fun. Thanks for the info on prices. I will try not to overdo it! I suffer from insomnia, so I sleep very little and plan on seeing all there is to see on the ship.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM

You have to buy the 8x10 if you want the 5x7. On the Liberty last week they only print up the 8x10 and then you pick what you want. I believe the 5x7 was 6.99. I know we spent about 140 on pictures. They kept taking single shots of my girlfriend when we had shots of us taken. She kept saying thet she didn't want them. I am soooo glad she did...I got a great shot of her.

I guess I am going to have to find time to write up a review of our cruise this weekend.

Rex Resorts
Old 03-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Hi mountaingirl,
The 8x10's cost $20.00! I noticed on some of the ships they did more 8x10's that 5x7's. I forgot how much the 5x7's are, but they are starting to get expensive.

Closed Thread