Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Just back from our first cruise and already can't wait to plan another.

We booked with our TA this time--last minute and all was well, but we're wondering if we can save a few bucks by doing it ourselves online since we're not looking to go until Feb. '08.

I know you guys have good connections..what do you think?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
There seem to be about as many answers to this as there are members here; everybody has their favorite way to book. About the only thing everybody agrees on is that cruise prices change--frequently.
My advice to you would be, since this will only be your second cruise, stick with your travel agent since you seem pleased with them. You might save a few bucks doing it yourself, but until you have a few more cruises under your belt, you could also really trip yourself up--costing you more in the long run.
When you are a little more seasoned you can try it yourself; but there is a lot to be said for having a relationship with an agent that knows your likes and dislikes. And they can sometimes get perks for you that you couldn't get yourself.
Good luck and happy cruising!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:08 PM

This is our first cruise also. We booked ours with AAA. They have answered all our questions so far. If we like this one we are planning to book again we are going to use the same person.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

I absolutely swear by Ann Hayward at Cruise Vacation Center.com out of Yonkers, New York. I gave her so many headaches when we booked 11 people on the Alaskan Inside Passage in 7/2005, but she was sooooo professional and took my awkward position (booking for some of the travelers from hell, and I don't mean Hell, Grand Cayman) into consideration...she was great and she did great by us.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 PM

hello everyone,
i went with a t/a this time for the cruise#2.i haven't really done alot of price checking, but happy with the outcome so far.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM

I think you should go with a Travel Agent.

But, find a good one that looks after you concerning price adjustments.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 AM

My First Cruise I booked thru AAA after That Ive been Using Cruise411.com havent had a problem with them at all.

I got an 8 Night on Carnival LIBERTY in October 2007 for Just me ( a solo Cruiser ) For $808.00 Thats $101.00 a night
Old 03-14-2007, 07:18 AM

As far as i understand, the cruise line sets the price for a particular cruise. So there is a level playing field. If some agency does deep discounts they are flagged.
I would always go with a TA. In the event something is wrong - do you want to talk to a website or someone that knows what they are doing?
I checked with cruisecompete for my last cuise just for info and i got 5 quotes all within 20$.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 03-14-2007, 07:26 AM

What's to talk about? Book it and go. Been working for me 7 times now in 3 years.

Once your booked and paid Carnival has you on the list ... Cruise411 is in Miami. Ive only had to call them once and they were great.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 AM

We booked our cruise with Vacations To Go! Louis Hardy lhardy@vacationstogo.com is our TA and is very patient and nice (I had MANY questions for him and he never seemed irritated!) He is also very friendly and does not come off as trying to get a huge commission! I hope that helps!
Christie

Closed Thread