Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 PM

We are a group of five family members taking our first cruise in September on the Carnival Pride.

We have booked 3 Balcony cabins and tried really hard to get them all together. We even downgraded to upper deck so that we could at least get two of them together. And the other is one door up.

My question is: Has anyone ever had experience with changing cabin assignments if agreeable to all parties?

Not just for our convenience, but one cabin in our group will be smokers and if we could get the rest of us, who do mind it, on either end, might avoid problems for whoever is in cabin now in between us.

It's just a thought, but not sure who/how to approach or when.

Once everyone is on board and checked in, then a change could require all sorts of redoing S$S cards, etc. However, the "cabin in between" the one at the other end of us might prefer to one cabin further away from our "center" cabin smokers. Might out best for all, but just not sure if I would be "out of line" to check with desk at check in.

Might not even be worth mentioning. We were also hoping to get the balcony doors/partitions opened/removed in order for us (all family) to go between cabins easily.

Just wondered if this or similiar is a situation ever encountered by any of you.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator

I've never heard of asking someone in another cabin to move such as you ask. But how do you know they don't smoke? It is a nice gesture but I wouldn't worry about it. Why hassle them? The swapping may be more annoying to them than the smoke...assuming the smoke even would bother them.

BTW, you are not using BB Code for your ticker. BB Code is the only one that works. You have HTML code.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:49 PM

thanks for your input and for your advice on code. I will work on that.

As for the cabin change, it was just a thought.

probably won't make a difference and who knows, being a bachelor, good looking and enough disposable cash to wine and dine a nice companion, my brother who is in the separated cabin, might prefer that... his cabin is also near the Atrium, so he can view up and down. See and be seen, and might be better for him if big sis's weren't around. LOL

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 PM

I am with Dave I would not bring the topic up. If they are not smokers.. they might start smelling smoke. Let sleeping dogs lay.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM

If all the cabins were with the same group, it would be alright to request a mutual cabin change.

I understand wanting to be together. Next time try to book earlier to get the cabins together, and don't worry Upper deck is not a downgrade, it is just a deck change. Hope yall have a great family cruise.

Gary is spot on with the old time wisdom.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:34 AM

Imagine being a couple on their honeymoon... They just entered their stateroom after an interminable time at the embarkation safety talk. Stowing their life preservers, they quickly change into their birthday suits. Admiring the sparkling foam emanating from the freshly uncorked bottle of Dom Perignon they have been saving for this perfect moment, they peer lovingly into each other's eyes. Their hearts are fluttering and their hands are trembling. He finds it difficult to pour the champagne into the elegant Waterford flutes as his attention is focused on the radiant vision
of beauty in front of him. With the distinct delicate sound of lead crystal flutes tapping together, he toasts to a lifetime of happiness and love. She smiles seductively and they take a sip of the deliciously effervescent beverage. Unable to control themselves any longer, they succomb to newlywed passion.
About that time, their is a loud rap on the stateroom door. Not expecting company, they scramble to find any article of clothing they can. The frantic wife runs to the bathroom and closes the door. The husband is stumbling to the door trying to get the final leg into his unyeilding pants. He opens the door only to find some guy wanting to know if you want to switch rooms with him so that he can be closer to his family members. Slamming the door, you realize that the mood is lost and you can't get that precious moment back.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Banned

Dr Livingston..that was a hoot!!

To the OP:

We cruised with friends in March and had a cabin "between" us. It was not a problem.

Just be respectful of the people between you..no yelling from one balcony to the other (across the neighbors balcony) and you will be fine.

As for as the smoke, as long as Carnival allows it...all cruisers know to prepare for it. I would not give it a second thought.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
As for as the smoke, as long as Carnival allows it...all cruisers know to prepare for it. I would not give it a second thought.
This is true, but if you tell a person you want to change cabins because you are afraid the smoke will brother him. You just alerted him to smoke, I would bet he will complain, he will even point of that the smoker knew it was worst than normal because of the converson.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
there is a loud rap on the stateroom door. Not expecting company, they scramble to find any article of clothing they can. The frantic wife runs to the bathroom and closes the door. The husband is stumbling to the door trying to get the final leg into his unyeilding pants. Slamming the door, you realize that the mood is lost and you can't get that precious moment back.
Dr. That was sooo funny!

Are you speaking from experience?

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, cabin, cabins, carnival, change, changing, cruise, cruises, downgraded, people, rooms, stateroom, staterooms, swap, switch