Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 04:43 PM

One word: Amazing!!!

Im gonna make this short and sweet...

Our first day at sea was great..we hung out on our lounges, enjoyed the sun..the inside cabin was fine for the three of us...very small, which was ok, we didnt spend much time there. I wish I could have affored the balcony cabin..I got up one morning thinking it was 1am..stuck my head outside, and a room steward said "good morning" I asked what time it was..he said "7am"..and here I thought it was the middle of the night.

First stop: Cozunel...we took a taxi to Paradise Beach..since we did some shopping, we got there about 12pm..not a lounge chair to be found. So we threw out towels on the sand and camped there. Now for the bad part..my 19 year old daughter rented a jetski..I figured she would be ok as I have one and shes ridden it before..unfortunately..as she was riding along, another jetski from another company hit her, threw her off the 'ski. She was cut and brusied, but she was talking to me and she was alert..so I refused the offer to have her taken to the hospital. We found out later, the other girl that hit her was drunk..didnt have time to make a report, since we had to catch the ship..figured I'd take her to the ship's doctor if I had to. She's ok..spent the next day at sea in bed though since she was so sore...

Grand Cayman:

Beautiful...so clean...we did Capt Bryans Stingray City tour..I highly recommend him to everyone..there were only about 20 people on our catamaran..he went into the water and caught a stingray for everyone to hold..surprisingly enough, my 19 year old took right to it..the 15 year old wanted nothing to do with "slimy sea things" as she called them...so she chose to sunbathe on the boat. Again..Capt Bryans is the way to go!! We paid $40/pp...and it was more than worth it...

Jamaica: I booked a Dunns River Falls tour over the internet..we were the only people on the bus, which was great! The falls were tricky..I wound up in a pool of water, flailing around like a turtle on its back..my poor teenagers were humiliated. I was too busy thinking how many bones in my body I would break if I fell.
After that our guide took us on a tour on the mountains..he stopped at a little straw market and the girls wanted to shop...we get off the bus, and the shop owners swarmed on us..I felt very uncomfortable, since they were pulling the girls away from me, shoving things in their hands. We felt so uncomfortable, I herded them back on the bus, which is a shame because we were willing to spend money there, but they wouldnt leave us alone to look.

All in all..the cruise was great, our cabin steward was wonderful with all the towel animals he made, and he checked on my injured daughter during the day while my other daughter and I were at the pool. We're thinkin of doin it again next Feb!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:16 PM

Hello Donna,
My name is also Donna, another thing in common, my family and I are going on Triumph/Western in June. I have a 17 and 15 year old boys. I was looking at going to Paradise Beach, Dunns River falls, and Stingray City.
Could you give me more information about the tour to Dunns Rivers Falls (did you feel safe?) Did you take a taxi to Paradise Beach? Did you book Capt Bryans Stingray tour through the ship?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 06:53 PM

Hi Donna!

Climbing the falls was great..the problem was the locals..they were way too pushy and grabby for my liking. It just made me very nervous with my teenage daughters.

I booked the stingray excursion through http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c...CaptBryans.htm

You wont be disappointed!!

The taxi ride to Paradise Beach is about $10..the beach is gorgeous, just get there early so you can get a chair!

Happy Cruising!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:21 AM

Hey Donna and Donna!!
Our family is planning to cruise next month on Triumph to the WC.....and thanks so much for the tips on the excursions....just curious tho...my 18 yr old son wants to know where you rented the jetski, and the 16 and 15 yr olds want to know if they are old enough to do this too....I didnt know where to look for that information....I would like to know how you did the taxi thing (sorry I'm clueless...)were they waiting at the pier after you got off the boat? Just wondering. Looking forward to hearing more!
Pam~

Closed Thread