Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi all,

I was advised not to book a return flight before Noon by a rep from Carnival. Since the morning flight was out, We aren't leaving Puerto Rico until 4pm. I understand the last day is breakfast and off-the-boat. I have a transfer from the pier to the airport.

Does this mean we can expect to have to sit around the airport all day? What might be some options? Our cruise is on the Destiny, btw.

Thanks,

David

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi all,

I was advised not to book a return flight before Noon by a rep from Carnival. Since the morning flight was out, We aren't leaving Puerto Rico until 4pm. I understand the last day is breakfast and off-the-boat. I have a transfer from the pier to the airport.

Does this mean we can expect to have to sit around the airport all day? What might be some options? Our cruise is on the Destiny, btw.

Thanks,

David

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Usually the cruise line offers some type of excursion for those with late flights.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:39 PM

I don't know what airport you will be flying out of, but we will have to get off the ship early for the last day too, and have quite a wait at the airport. We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale and they have a place that you can store your "carry on" luggage, which will help us out a lot, so we can check the "sights" out.

You might check and see if the airport you are flying out has this also.

brneyes
Old 03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
well here is how it goes on your last day of cruise in carnival Destiny as I remember from last year:

* There is the self asistance service,around 7:00 am., where you take your luggage by yourself and they are the first ones to go but also they have to get their breakfast very early.

* After that the people on tours of Puerto Rico will be next.

*Then it depends on the floor calling you can be first or can be the last I have never understood the order on this ship but for some reason I am always the last to leave ship.

* Here the recomendation: take the Bacardi tour this sunday on your last day of cruise. They will take you from port with all your luggage on the transport bus, you can kill the time before going to the airport and remember that either way you will have to be on the airport at least two hours before your fly so the tour will be a great ending to your tour.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM

If you take a Carnival Excursion then your luggage will be on the bus and you will be dropped off at the airport at the end of the excursion. If you want to explore on your own you could store your luggage at Barrachina's in Old San Juan. It is located at 104 Fortaleza in Old San Juan. Barrachina's has good food and is the home of Pina Colada's. You could explore Old San Juan, eat a late lunch, then gather your luggage and head to the airport.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
^^^^^
That's also a good advice.
I did not mention it because I guess, this will depend on the very first day of cruising.
if you arrive early 11:30 to 12:30 pm. the first sunday you can drop your luggage and be on your cabin by 2:00 pm. no lines and no problems, so there is enough time for them to visit the Old San Juan that very first day.
Remember that carnival destiny embarking port is almost on the old San Juan so maybe they will visit the old San Juan that day and the sunday after they can visit the Bacardi company
Old 03-21-2008, 03:49 PM

We are arriving in San Juan on the day prior, at 3:30 in the afternoon and staying at the Caribe Hilton. So far, there's no opportunity to book an excursion on our last day. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for all the responses!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 PM

In February, we were late returning to Mobile. The fog was so dense that we sat near Dauphin Island for more then 4 hours (While the fog horn blew every 15 minutes. It was loud, but at least we were safe.) We ended up getting off the ship “around” 11:30am. I am not sure what happened to those people that did not book through Carnival and did not purchase trip insurance, but I sure know there were a lot of unhappy people screaming into their cell-phones. I will never book an early flight just in case.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 AM

I've had a simular situation in San Juan. We booked a Tour on the ship.

Here is a link as an example of the Debarkation Tours that may be available. Scroll down to the one's that say Debarkation Day.

Cruise Fanatic, great info about Barrachina's. I don't want to start a debate about the Home of the Pina Colada, but I've always heard it was the Caribe Hilton.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, breakfast, carnival, cruise, cruse, day, destiny, embark, expect, ft, lauderdale, leave, luggage, store, time, tour