Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 PM

I just got married

I am wanting to take my Wife on a cruise via-Carnival next spring and I am not sure where to go. I have been on one cruise before on the Elation.

We have a budget of about $4000 to work with and we live in Phoenix AZ. I was thinking about going on the Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera because we could drive to the port VIA Los Angeles and save money on a plane ticket.

Can you guys give me any advice to what I should do? Or what would be the most romantic and beautiful. I donít make alot of money, so this is more of a one-time-chance thing. I want it to be perfect; I just want to do the right thing. We are a young couple (22 and 20 y/old) if that helps at all.

PS. She hates the cold, so an Alaskan cruise is out of the question. She loves Dolphins and a cruise with a Dolphin swim would be good. Also I have asthma so that might help choose one with less physical activities and more "fun" or "beautiful" things to do at port.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:41 PM

I think your idea makes lots of sense. Instead of flying somewhere, spend a little more and get a really nice cabin for your honeymoon. Congratulations!

Tom
Old 09-20-2005, 05:53 PM

Does anyone have any advice or tips to where we should go?
Old 09-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Mexican Rivera sounds wonderful.
I just booked my brothers honeymoon for them and they sail on Thursday of this week. He gave me a budget of $4000 also and I booked a higher end balcony room and spent $300 on a honeymoon package for them.
I booked them a 10 day cruise out of Boston to Bermuda and the Virgin Islands. The longer the cruise the less kids and WE are all hoping really romantic for them. I just told my husband I booked them my Dream Honeymoon. I HATE to be cold too. I can't remember when you said you were getting married but I don't think that Bermuda has cruises there year round. Not sure though.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-20-2005, 06:56 PM

CONGRATS on your marriage I think the idea of the mexican riveria sounds wonderful, that is the next cruise I want to go on myself. What ever you decide it will be wonderful, but I doubt you'd be disappointed in the cruise you are considering.
Carnival Fascination July 2006
Carnival Miracle Feb 2007
Carnival Destiny July 2007
Carnival Imagination Nov 2007
Carnival Liberty Feb 2008

UPCOMING CRUISES:
Carnival Victory Oct 2008
Emerald Princess Jan 2009
Old 09-26-2005, 04:23 PM

ArMaY,
Congrats! If you are holding off till the spring, see if you can wait till the fall and increase the budget. Maybe do it for your anniversary. Romantic and beautiful is French Polynesia on the Tahitian Princess. It only holds 670 passengers. 10 day cruise with airfare from LA, insurance and all taxes, it starts at $5000 for the 2 of you. You may want to check it out on line at http://www.princess.com they also have bridge cams to check out when they are in port. If your travel agent has group space you'll get shipboard credits and you may be able to get past passenger rates with you Carnival Cruise Line past passenger number since Carnival is Princess' parent company. Just an idea to do something really special. If your heart is set on Carnival, get signed up with their email specials for past passengers and keep an eye on them. If you use a travel agent, you can book with Carnival and turn it over to your agent, they maybe able to get more perks for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, bermuda, boston, carnival, cruise, cruises, honeymoon, liberty, review, reviews