Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:59 PM

So I have an interesting situation. I booked a cruise about two months ago, but some major changes in both my work schedule and outside of work have made the week I was going to be sailing a really bad week to be out of town. As a result, I was wondering if anyone here had experience with, or known policies pertaining to, changing a reservation from one sailing to another a couple months later. While I still can take the cruise on the date I booked, it might be much better if I could cruise on a later date...same ship/itinerary.etc. The cruise I am currently booked on is for the end of October.

I read the cancellation policy in my cruise e-docs, which say I forfeit the deposit if I cancel at this point...however, I paid my entire fare up front. I don't mind forfeiting a minor portion of my fare to be able to rebook, and I did get Carnival's cruise insurance program at time of booking.

Any advice would be great as I figure out what I want to do. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi,

I believe it's too late to receive a 100% refund, however: you should be able to receive everything but your refund depending on when you sailing is?

You can also try call the cruise company and have you switch sailing, if they still have cabins it shouldn't be a problem but you might have to pay a nominal administration fee.

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 AM

tonia...You going on the Triumph on the 13th.
That is our sailing date and ship. Maybe we will bump into each other. Do you happen to have any teen agers with you. We are bringing a 16 yr old granddaughter. I am hoping she will meet some other kids.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the advice. I called them and learned I can get everything except $150 back, which I can swallow.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, caribbean, carnival, change, changing, cruise, cruises, date, dates, policy, princess, royal, sail, sailings, switch