Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 AM

Would like info on the Glory ships Spa. Would like to price sheet and to know if I can schedule ahead (before cruise) such services. I understand that "At Sea" days can become sold out and I don't want to miss the opportunity. I am wanting to schedule for wife and two teen daughters as a surprise.....
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 AM

Would like info on the Glory ships Spa. Would like to price sheet and to know if I can schedule ahead (before cruise) such services. I understand that "At Sea" days can become sold out and I don't want to miss the opportunity. I am wanting to schedule for wife and two teen daughters as a surprise.....
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dhornick:

I hope your wife and daughter are not members of cruise chat lol. The Glory is a beautiful ship, a color theme. I really liked it and my wife had a SPA event of some kind and you are right that Sea Days do fill fast. However, if you make it your priority to do early you should not have a problem. I think you can even call from your cabin. Send your wife and daughters to ask the Matre D' which way your dinner table faces East or West , that will take a long time and then you call the SPA right after the boat drill. Good Luck
Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 PM

Hey, we're on the Glory leaving on the same day. See you onboard!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Here you can find a Glory Spa price list that was posted in Sept 06 so it's probably still fairly accurate:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Carniva...valGlory77.htm

Cheers
Old 03-05-2007, 05:19 PM
5String,
I have to ask since some of us are dying to know--is the name a reference to the fact you are a finger pickin' banjo player?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 PM

"I have to ask since some of us are dying to know--is the name a reference to the fact you are a finger pickin' banjo player?"

Well, I try. Been at it about 3 years or so. I love to hear a good banjo. It's a real challenge, that's for sure.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 AM

quote:

I too enjoy a great spa, I will say that both times the wife and I tried it onboard a ship I was pitched so many thing to buy that the whole thing was not relaxing. Even during a massage I was asked to buy the oils being used and so on. I don't know if this is the norm, some others might chime in with their experiences, but I gave it another shot and the same thing happen...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 AM

Oh that is disappointing. That really ruins a good massage! I too plan on utilizing the spa. I think I'll fake sleeping if they start!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by u2jt1:
quote:

I too enjoy a great spa, I will say that both times the wife and I tried it onboard a ship I was pitched so many thing to buy that the whole thing was not relaxing. Even during a massage I was asked to buy the oils being used and so on. I don't know if this is the norm, some others might chime in with their experiences, but I gave it another shot and the same thing happen...

Unfortunately the pitching is part of the deal I fear. My wife was pitched and she caught it to the tune of about an extra $100. The stuff is no better than what you can get at home and cheaper. Try the sleeping trick. Might work. As for me I like to use the Steam room and Sauna for free, this does it for me on a ship. I get massage at home for half the price and without the selling.

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, caribean, cruise, fees, glory, line, spa