Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 12:56 PM

I have read several reviews and discussions from this site. First of all I would like to thank everyone that posts as they are very helpful. I was wanting to know how to find the excursions that alot of people are talking about that you don't have to book through Carnival. I went on the Conquest last December and had a wonderful time but did think the excursions through Carnival were a bit overpriced. The other thing is parking at the cruise lot for the week I know we parked within walking distance but for the life of me can't find the lot anywhere online and I know we book it online and only paid $50-55. Any help is greatly apprciated.www.dandjwarner00@yahoo.com
Old 08-02-2006, 01:54 PM

We reserved our parking through United Airport Parking, their website is: www.unitedairportparking.com We're sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, but their website mentions Miami. They offer free shuttle service in Ft. Lauderdale, probably in Miami as well. It was $57.44 for the week. What ports are you visiting? There are different excursion companies in different ports. Best Wishes!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 PM

Sorry I forgot to put that I will be going on the Conquest again departing Dec 10. I did the Horseback excursion and Margaritaville in Jamica, the Stingray/Hell/turtle farm in the Grand Cayman, and just shopped in Cozemel but regretted not going to the beach. I am going this time with husband, newly adopted son and my in-laws. We are splitting the cost of my in-laws cruise with my sister-in-laws and they are a little strapped for cash so we are helping them with their excursions and when you are paying for 5 excurisions a break in cost is always helpful. Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 02:38 PM

Parking- For Conquest- Use EZcruise Parking in Galveston they are on line at www.ezcruiseparking.com they are basically the same proceedure as the terminal parking (Which for a week cruise is $70)as you drop off your luggage drive to the EZ Cruise lot and they shuttle you back to the ship. EZ cruise parking will save you about $20 and they do offer other services (like car wash, oil changes, etc...

Excursions- if you hunt a little in these formuns you can find recommendations for excursions. Grand Cayman has many that you can book right there at the tender dock. But most have webpages and 1800 numbers... google on grand cayman tours and you can probably find them yourself. Same applies for Cozumel. not so sure about Jamacia, but I got to believe so.

The only caution I will give is that while the CCL booked excursions are more expensive than self booked ones, the CCL excursions garuantee you will get back on the ship before it sails. So, you pay for that insurance. It does not happen often that a tour has mechanical problems and is late in returning, but it does happen.

Good luck and have a great cruise!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 PM

If the Margaritaville you're talking about is in Ocho Rios, then maybe take in Dunns River Falls. In Grand Cayman, you can take a cab to 7 mile beach, it is a beautiful beach. In Cozumel, Chanakaab(sp?) Park is now open, until another Hurricane wipes it out, and had a great beach. Xel-ha is a great watersports place as well. The park you could do on your own by grabbing a taxi, Xel-ha you could probably book on-line. Try googling the places you want to visit or searching on this site. There have been many posts about Capt. Marvin's in Grand Cayman and there were some posts for Reggie in Ocho Rios. We normally do our excursions through the ship, or by grabbing a cab at the port of call. It sounds like y'all will have your own football team , hope you have a wonderful time!!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, ezcruise, facilities, miami, offering, parking, united