Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2002, 07:47 PM

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]from nov.11th til nov.15 on the fascination, the ship (although) older,as I am too.was very clean , the staff very friendly ,the food great!! the shows,were good I will write A more full review on mon.do to time problems here now, but just wanted to say "Loved the Fascination" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 07:47 PM

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]from nov.11th til nov.15 on the fascination, the ship (although) older,as I am too.was very clean , the staff very friendly ,the food great!! the shows,were good I will write A more full review on mon.do to time problems here now, but just wanted to say "Loved the Fascination" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 04:55 PM

its our first cruise,we arrive to the fascination in miami,every day wonderful the food fantastic,my table mates two great couples,one couple new cruisers as us,the other an older couple and many cruises under their belts, the ship looked great ,clean,well mantained the staff very hard workers,our cabin stewart great,our waiters great the whole cruise rates A 10 in my mind,I know this was my first cruise but it wont be my last!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Banned

Mike

Glad you had a great time. But be honest. Was it better than the Bob Lo Boat? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 06:57 AM

Do they still run that thing? My father worked on the Bob-Lo boat back in the 30's!!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 06:00 AM

yes it was better then the bob-lo boat,and no karen is been closed for years now the last I,ve heard the island is now private homes and they sold the old boats to private owners. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 07:31 AM
Banned

Karen

I think the boats last ran around the end of the 80's. They are now in "moth balls" falling a part. There was a newspaper feature about them not to long ago saying some investors were toying with the idea of restoring them and using them as excursion boats again.

I have a lot of fun when people will mention how high schoolers are now going on cruises for class trips. I always say that our class went on a cruise (Detroit school 1964). They look at me in puzzelment. And ask "Your school went on a cruise?" I then tell them "Yah! We went to Bob-lo." Then they usually get an attitude an call me a smart donkey.

I never cared for the cruise part when I was a kid. It was too long. About 45 minutes. Couldn't wait to get to the island to ride the rides. All of the rides were installed in the 40's and then a few were more added. I think latest was a log ride. The park was good for kids 12 and under. The park never kept up with other parks and attendance dropped.

There were moon light cruises. Went on a couple. To me they were over hyped and I have never not talked to anyone that really enjoyed it. You usually ended up freezing and could not wait to get off. There were concession stands that sold beer and a limited menu of hot dogs etc. The live dance band (Polish wedding style) usually ended up playing to and empty floor. Not the type of music for the crowd.

I really don't think anyone around here misses them.

Closed Thread

Tags
emoticon, heaven, mikefrommich