Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2003, 03:27 PM

We have a few questions regarding Carnival sponsored excursions and are hoping someone can help us out. If you have a suggestion on who to use besides Carnival, let us know that too. Thanks

Nassau ...
"Snorkel With Stingrays at Blue Lagoon" - Any good? Much time actually spend in water with the stingrays?

St. Thomas ...
"Buck Island Sail & Snorkel" - Any good? Crowded? Nice sailboat?

"Island & Catamaran Sailing Experience" - Much time actually sailing? Do you recommend it?

"Sailing the Virgins to Buck Island" - Sound really good. Is it?

Thanks again for any and all input!

Bradley & Rebecca

Paradise - October 26, 2003

Bradley G Welsh
Paradise Oct 26/03
Old 09-28-2003, 03:27 PM

We have a few questions regarding Carnival sponsored excursions and are hoping someone can help us out. If you have a suggestion on who to use besides Carnival, let us know that too. Thanks

Nassau ...
"Snorkel With Stingrays at Blue Lagoon" - Any good? Much time actually spend in water with the stingrays?

St. Thomas ...
"Buck Island Sail & Snorkel" - Any good? Crowded? Nice sailboat?

"Island & Catamaran Sailing Experience" - Much time actually sailing? Do you recommend it?

"Sailing the Virgins to Buck Island" - Sound really good. Is it?

Thanks again for any and all input!

Bradley & Rebecca

Paradise - October 26, 2003

Bradley G Welsh
Paradise Oct 26/03
Old 09-28-2003, 04:28 PM

Hi, I can only offer a little help, we just returned from a royal caribbean cruise and we chose a excursion called turtle cove sail and snorkle, I dont know how your boat will be but ours was very nice. The actual sail is about 45 minutes, the location of the snorkle is Buck Island and it was great, we actually got to snorkel with turtles and saw a barraccuda!!! I didnt put my mask back in the water until it was gone HA HA, sorry i cant offer more, just thougt I would reply since the excursion was located on Buck Island.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:13 AM

For anyone who wants to know. Blue lagoon was soooo worth it! The sting ray excursion is a "herd" activity, but once people start clearing out, you can really get up close and personal with the rays with the help of the guides. The blue lagoon itself was amazing, and had a very intamate feeling, not bothered by pesistant merchants like in Nassau!
La Romano. make friends with someone who speaks spanish on your ship and grab a taxi and head out on your own....When we took an interest in the area and the local language our driver didn't want to charge us any extra for the extra 45 minutes above what we had agreed to for our group of 6. but we gave him extra anyways for his great service. For a group of 6 we spent $40.for 2 1/2 hours Total! Beats 40 + each the ship wanted.
We were hugely disappointed when our ship sailing excursion was cancelled due to the breif rain shower. We did paradice point instead, but it was a bit over priced for the 5 minute ride. When I got back on board a lovely Italian lady told me she had found the local bus that took her to Corki beach for $1.00 each way and raved it was the best beach she had ever been to, far better then the best ones in Florida, or anywhere else she had travelled, had to offer!

Bradley G Welsh
Paradise Oct 26/03
Old 11-05-2003, 08:30 PM
you mentioned in your post about check in early where was that? at the pier? at your hotel? or elsewhere? we are staying at the Holiday inn marina the nite before. we are going on the Victory in January. thanks for info. Fran
Old 11-06-2003, 02:02 PM

We stayed at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay and Carnival had a table set up in the lobby on Sunday morning. Our paperwork was processed and stamped there, so we walked past a huge line-up when we got to the pier.

Bradley G Welsh
Paradise Oct 26/03
Old 11-24-2003, 03:29 PM

THERE IS AN EXCURSION WHERE YOU TAKE A BOAT OVER TO ST JOHN WHEN YOU GET OFF AT ST. THOMAS AND OF ALL THE PLACES WE WENT THSI WAS THE BEST. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! IT WAS ONLY LIKE 3 HOURS. YOU GET TO GO SNORKELING AND THE RIDE TO ST JOHN FROM ST THOMAS IS UNBELEIVABLE. I THINK WE PAID ABOUT $40.00. DONT MISS ST JOHN THE BEACH IS CALLED TRUNK BAY!!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 AM

This is for shethang00. We are going in June. I wanted to go to St. Jonh and go to the trunk Bay Beach. Did you book with the ship or find your way when you got there. Was it $40 each? Good snorkeling?
Sheila
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Banned

We did the Trunk Bay thing. The snorkeling was not that great. The area is mostly a sand bottom. To compensate for this they made a self guided snorkel "trail". It is a loop that is maybe 100 yards in cirumference. Items are planted at 10 yard intervals along with a engraved stone that tells what it is. The problem is if you wear glasses you can't read them. I didn't think it was worth the time or money paid.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 AM

does anyone know anything about the pearl island treasure hunt and snorkel?
or the key west kayaking?
Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, caribbean, caribean, carnival, carribean, corki, costs, cruise, cruises, east, eastern, excursion, excursions, excurtions, ship