Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM

today my husband and i were going over our vacation plans. we decided to call the ft.lauderdale grand and let them know we wanted to rent jetski's the day we fly in. i was told that i wasn't booked. i also let them know that it might be up under carnival reservation she then told me that they at the time wasn't doing business with carnival. i got so upset i called my travelagent who was on lunch. i then called carnival i told her what happen she put me on hold she returns and tell me everything was fine that the name had changed. to my surprise my travel agent then calls me 2 hours later to tell me the grand had closed do to renovations and that they asigned us to hyatt regency pier 66 . is this a better hotel,do we need new tickets, have anyone ever stayed here. i hope things don't go wrong. have this ever happen to anyone before
Old 06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

shondie, it sounds and looks like a pretty nice place. Check out www.tripadvisor.com and type in Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale. It gets some great reviews. 4/5 on the scale. Not too shabby! I don't think you need to worry. While on the site, do the virtual tour to check out the rooms.

Trip advisor is a great resource that I always go to.

And, keep in mind, you are ALWAYS going to get complainers, no matter what.
A'ndrea
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM

The Pier 66 bar and grill has some of the best food in Ft. Lauderdale. Pier 66 is right on the intracoastal and across 17th street causeway from the port. It's so exciting to see your ship awaiting you. I haven't stayed there since the Hyatt bought them out, but it used to be one of the best hotels in Lauderdale. The Grand was under renovation when we were there in December, but it wasn't closed totally. I guess they decided it would be easier to get the work done without guests. You're not far from the beach and can get a cab there or you can take the water taxi for $10/pp for the entire day, as many trips as you like. The city buses run as well. If you take the water taxi, take it all the way to the end and have a meal at Charlie's Crabs. The water taxi has 2 stops at Las Olas Boulevard if you're into shopping. It's pricey, but very unique shops are on Las Olas. I don't think you'll be disappointed in Pier 66. If they have the top open, it's a lounge area that revolves. Great views of the area. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Makes me want to book a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Sounds like fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, carnival, cruise, dream, fort, ft, hyatt, lalu, lauderdale, leaving, pier, place, pre, precruise, reviews, stay