Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 02:03 PM

We're on the Carnival Victory 6/17/2006 and our embarkation time is 2 pm in NY City--if we get there early, do they let us on the ship early? Or will they make us stand around in the port until 2 pm exactly?

Thanks very much!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:03 PM

We're on the Carnival Victory 6/17/2006 and our embarkation time is 2 pm in NY City--if we get there early, do they let us on the ship early? Or will they make us stand around in the port until 2 pm exactly?

Thanks very much!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:04 PM

ive been on 3 cruises so far but all were out of charleston sc. im assuming all are the same and if they said bording was at 2 then thats when the board. but if your parking in the lot where most do and leave there car the line starts up about 2 hours maybe less so you dont want to wait more then 1 and half probable to get into line to be able to park cause they open it up about 2 hours befor and it can get hectic. people who arrive just before the boat leaves get on easist but who wants to do that.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Typically, you want to be at the port early. One thing to keep in mind is if customs has not "cleared" the ship, than you will have to wait. A lot of people think it is the cruise line.
When I cruise, my butt is always early. You want to avoid the last minute crowd. The Victory is a BIG ship and a crowd will definitely form. I think you are safe if you arrive at 12:30 or so. Beat the lines, get on the ship, grab some lunch and then go up to the Lido Deck, look over the rail, and watch the people fighting the crowds. Kind of funny actually.

Hope I was able to help. Have a great time!!

Billy
Old 05-21-2006, 05:52 PM

Sounds like you're taking the Victory to Canada...I did that in July 2003. I recommend that you get to the pkg garage appx 11, as it will take you time to park, get your bags into the terminal, etc. You're better off boarding earlier, since you will be able to eat, sit by the pool, whatever.

Make sure that you bring a "day" bag (that you don't check), since your other luggage will arrive later in the afternoon at your cabin. Your day bag should have whatever you'll need for a few hours...bathing suit, sunscreen, etc., so you can fully enjoy the Lido Deck!

I recommend that you bring some warm clothes on your sailing, as our trip to Canada will be pretty chilly. The staff told me the weather is always like that on that itinerary. We were in jeans and sweatshirts by the pool for a few times...don't worry, though. It's a great ship and a nice trip. Make sure to check out the Black & Red Seas Lounge for karaoke or whatever they have going on...it's very "Classic Star Trek" in decor!

Any other questions...let me know.

JackieL
Old 05-22-2006, 09:45 AM

quote:
Make sure that you bring a "day" bag (that you don't check), since your other luggage will arrive later in the afternoon at your cabin. Your day bag should have whatever you'll need for a few hours...bathing suit, sunscreen, etc., so you can fully enjoy the Lido Deck!

Great advice above. Everytime I cruise Carnival out of Port Canaveral Florida Boarding is soposed to start at 1:00pm I get there at 10:30 am and usually get onboard by 11:00 or 11:30 day bag in hand go to room change and the lido deck for a burger and fisrt Beer aboard..it's like adding a whole extra day to the cruise.
just my 2 cents
Old 05-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Not sure about NY. In Miami the boarding time is 1:00 PM. My last cruise I got there at 11:30 and I was in my cabin just after Noon. After I was in line to check in the line behind me got longer real fast. If I had waited 30 minuter to get there it would have taken a lot longer to get on the ship.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-28-2006, 07:47 PM

Ours also said 1pm ( i think) so that's when we got there. We waited in moderate lines...maybe an hour total, to get in the terminal, through detectors, registration, room assignment etc. We went to our room and our bags were already there...then we went up and got some lunch, went directly to the life guard drill and then we were off. So we didn't get any time to poke around until after 5 pm.Hubby went to the excursion talk and almost missed dinner. We had early dinner so by the time we stopped to breathe it turned out we had missed lots of events, the tour, almost the excursion talk. And other sign up stuff with giveaways etc.
Later we found out people were able to board early. Some were there by 11 and had been sitting around the pool for hours. I think the ship tour was scheduled for noon ( and boarding was scheduled for 1. go figure)

I say go early.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 AM

Better to get there early than be sorry. I've been on 5 cruises w/ various cruiselines and all but one we were very early. Got there at 11am and was on the ship by 12 noon even when the boarding times say 1pm or 2pm. There was like 10 other couples there around that time so it was fairly quick. Lines started forming around 12:30pm and it was hilarious watching the "fighting", cars honking at one another and food being loaded onto the ship. We thought we would have the same luck going out of Miami but that was not the case. Almost EVERYBODY was early at 11:00am so we ended up waiting in line for an hour and a half in the sweltering heat. I was already sporting a tan by the time I got on the Victory (Eastern Carib Feb 2003). I think going out of "bigger" cities does have something to do with it, though because I've never had a "waiting" problem in Galveston, Houston or New Orleans.

Closed Thread

Tags
arrive, board, boarding, carnival, cruise, early, eat, embarkation, latest, miami, orleans, ship, time, victory, what