Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 AM

I am going on the Ecstasy 8/18/08 and would like some advice on what to do in Progresso and Cozumel from those who have visited recently. It will be about 11 of us including young children. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Hi Daisy_29, welcome to Cruise Chat. If you'll look a little further down the main page, there is a forum for Caribbean Port Chat. If you'll use your Find feature (upper left hand corner) and type in Cozumel or Progresso, it will pull up all the posts that have been made about those 2 ports. There is so much to do and see in Cozumel that you probably will have a hard time deciding on just one thing. Chankanaab Park, Paradise Beach, or a Swim with the Dolphins would be my top picks. There's also great shopping in both ports. The Tulum ruins are really interesting and in a beautiful setting. However, there is a lot of travel time involved. Progresso is a good beach day. But take a look through the posts and see if anything strikes you fancy. If you have questions about something that isn't answered, ask away in that forum as more people will see it there than in the cruise line section. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM

I will second Penny on doing Chankanaab in Cozumel. It has a little something for everyone. You will enjoy Progreso (once you finally get off the pier---you will see what I mean). If you are into Mayan ruins, you can go to Dzibilchaltun. It is not as grand as Chichen Itza but it gives you a good look into the Mayan way of life (and it is considerably closer). Enjoy Progreso, because when Costa Maya opens back up in a couple of months I don't think they will be included on near as many of the current cruise ship itineraries.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Hi Daisy_29, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Also try the Caribbean Port Chat section for these type of questions. It is located here.

I can second, or third, in this case the Chankanaab Park recommendation. Drlivingston makes a great point about Progreso not being as available in the future. It was added to the itineraries because of the hurricane damage to Costa Maya.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Banned

Send the kids off to town and have the cabin to yourself for a while.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 7thSon:
Send the kids off to town and have the cabin to yourself for a while.
That reply is not very helpful to the fellow member that is seeking information.

Dwayne
Old 05-06-2008, 07:30 AM

The Mayan ruins at Dzibilchaltun in Progreso are a great way to see some ruins without requiring such a long bus ride. We went last week and the bus ride in A/C bus was aobut 30 minutes one way and they let us stay there with guided tour and then free time for total of about 3.5 hours. Cost was $52 with Carnival and I read for $39 direct with Auto Progreso (a private tour company). Have fun!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carnival, cheap, company, cozumel, cruise, day, dzibilchaltun, mayan, mexico, progreso, progresso, ruins, things, tour