Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM

We were in Chankanab in May and it was $19/pp to go in. There are coupons on the internet. The cab fare is usually $10/one way. The entrance fee does not include snorkeling gear or the dolphins.

Belize and Costa Maya have some fantastic snorkeling. We did excursions through the ship in both ports that were great. Mahual is not far from the pier, you could actually walk. There is a Mamasita's in the terminal area with a swim up bar and plenty of shopping. I was going to take the tender back to shop some in Belize, but the weather got too nasty for the tenders to run. I had been in Belize before but had only snorkeled, so I wanted to check out the shopping. Maybe next time Roatan's Mahogany Bay is a great beach day, there is shopping, and they have a gelato shop with really excellent gelato. If you were docking in Coxen Hole, I'd suggest going outside of the terminal area for shopping. The same goods outside are less than half the price. Mahogany does not have a local shopping area that I could see.

The water on board the ship is as pure as any bottled water you could purchase. If you want to bring a few bottles with you, you could fill those up before going ashore. Please use a cup/glass to fill your bottles, though. There are signs posted, which people ignore, to not fill your bottles in the buffet area. Really, it's much healthier if you just use a glass and pour it in. The drink ware has been sanitized where as the mouth on a bottle has not. But, there are always those who think the rules are for everyone else but them

You're going to have a marvelous time. The Dream is a great ship!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Don't believe everything you read. Reviews are like that, more people take the time to post a negative one than those with a positive experience. It is true there were reports of lines and congested areas of the ship when it was brand new. I believe they have addressed most of those issues. It is a beautiful ship and I have read lots of good reports from members here.

You will love Carnival's new Mahogany Bay port on Isla Roatan. Carnival's policy regarding non-alcoholic beverages is a limit of 12 per person. They are not all that strict with it. I usually take more water than that and have never had a problem.
hey dave Iam in n.y and I was planning on going on the mircle but I had chosen the dream. I thought more people more people to mingle with,Iam going solo, I thought a smaller ship like the mircle would be kind of bored, only 2,oooo people .I dont know what to do ,cant find any one to cruise with they dont like to cruise.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM

No worries! You will meet friends and people to hang out with on either ship. Of course the Carnival Dream will have more people on it for friend opportunities. I've met some wonderful friends on Carnival cruises over the years.

Best wishes for a fun cruise,

Dwayne
Old 12-20-2010, 09:26 PM

My wife and I run into a lot of solo cruisers that always seem to be having a great time. One thing for sure...you won't be bored.

Sonny
Old 12-21-2010, 10:30 AM

Sailing solo is a great way to go. I do it often. I don't have to worry about what someone else wants to do or listen to whining when I don't do what they want. There are loads of meet and greets, but my favorite place for meeting others is on excursions. You know that you have a shared interest. Hope you have a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, bring, carnival, cruise, current, dancing, dream, isla, location, reveiws, reviews, roatan, show, streets, water, years