Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Hey guys/gals,

My wife and I just book a cruise on the Dream. I was reading some reviews on it and I dont think I read a good one for it. Why is that?Starting to make me regret it. Last year we went on RC Serenade of the Seas and had a blast.

If anyone has been to any of the ports and would like to share on stuff do at them,that would be great.Ports are Cozumel,Belize,Islan Roatan,Costa Maya.If someone could helps us out on what to look in to doing while on the ship and at the ports would be highly appreciated.If there is any must do's please let us know.

One more thing can you bring water with you?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 AM

we were on the dream in Sept. The ship is fine. just big and lots of people. we didnt experience the long lines that others complained about, but I am sure it can be long at times.
you will love the ports.
cozumel check out chanancanob park, it is beautiful, you can swim, snorkel, walk and see ruins.
at roatan, take the skylift to the beach, It is one of the prettiest beaches around.
at costa maya go to mahalajau... it is a little village about 3 miles from the port. It is getting more touristy but is still like being in mexico.
at belize, take the tender and go shopping and then return to the boat.
Dont believe everything you read, you will have a great time
Old 11-20-2010, 10:16 AM

Yes, you can take water on board but there is a limit and I think it has to be in your carry on luggage. Might be wrong on that. You will love those ports.

B
Old 11-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Thanks everyone that has chimed in so far...

chanancanob park heard that was a great please ...

Anything else that I must do?

So is there more people on this ship than usual because we have never really had long line before. Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Don't believe everything you read. Reviews are like that, more people take the time to post a negative one than those with a positive experience. It is true there were reports of lines and congested areas of the ship when it was brand new. I believe they have addressed most of those issues. It is a beautiful ship and I have read lots of good reports from members here.

You will love Carnival's new Mahogany Bay port on Isla Roatan. Carnival's policy regarding non-alcoholic beverages is a limit of 12 per person. They are not all that strict with it. I usually take more water than that and have never had a problem.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 PM

Hey Dwayne or anyone else I guess...

Chanancanob park should you book it throught carnival or just get a taxi for it that looks like a good time. How much does it cost to get there and to get in if anything?

Mahogany Bay??? alittle more info please have you been what all did you like/dislike?? Thanks everyone SO SO much
Old 11-20-2010, 10:46 PM

You can easily go to Chankanaab Park on your own and save some money. HERE is a link to some info. I'm not sure of the current taxi rates, I think they are in the $10 range from Carnival's pier for 1-4 passengers.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 AM

At Chankanaab Park I think it is 19 to get. I have read on here for a 4 dollar coupon Have look on the internet for one but cant seem to find it. I did print off a 2 dollar one tho. So thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if that 19 inculeds chairs and umbrella and snorkel gear??

Thanks again...

Anything on the ship that we should checkout??
Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 PM

it includes the chairs and umbrellas but not snorkel stuff. we always bring our own. we also bring our own life vest which is now required to be worn when in the water at chanacanob. but it is so worth it.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Anything on the ship that we should checkout??
Absolutely! The show 'Dancin in the Street" has been getting great reviews. They have a laser light show most evenings as well. Plenty of food choices for casual dining.

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, bring, carnival, cruise, current, dancing, dream, isla, location, reveiws, reviews, roatan, show, streets, water, years