Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2003, 10:11 AM

I AM A SOUTH AFRICAN INTERESTED IN CRUISING ON CARNIVAL VICTORY TO CANADA, BOSTON AND NOVA SOTIA IN OCTOBER 2004. HOW IS THE WEATHER THIS TIME OF YEAR? WOULD I NEED ANY SPECIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS? I HAVE A AMERICAN VISA BUT NO TRAVEL DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA. IS A SPECIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENT AVAILABLE FOR SHORT VISITS? (24 HOURS OR LESS?) WILL I BE ABLE TO DISEMBARK IN ST JOHNS? IS THIS A GOOD CRUISE? MY ORIGINAL CHOICE WAS WESTERN CARIBBEAN.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:11 AM

I AM A SOUTH AFRICAN INTERESTED IN CRUISING ON CARNIVAL VICTORY TO CANADA, BOSTON AND NOVA SOTIA IN OCTOBER 2004. HOW IS THE WEATHER THIS TIME OF YEAR? WOULD I NEED ANY SPECIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS? I HAVE A AMERICAN VISA BUT NO TRAVEL DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA. IS A SPECIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENT AVAILABLE FOR SHORT VISITS? (24 HOURS OR LESS?) WILL I BE ABLE TO DISEMBARK IN ST JOHNS? IS THIS A GOOD CRUISE? MY ORIGINAL CHOICE WAS WESTERN CARIBBEAN.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:26 PM

Shaun, the weather in New England and the Maritimes (the area of your cruise) should be cool in October, especially the later in the month that you go. However, it can be anything from the 70's (F) and sunny to the 40's (F) and rainy. No way to know - plan for anything, bring layers of clothes (sweaters, sweatshirts, windbreaker or light jacket, raincoat).

For requirements to enter Canada, check with the Canadian embassy or consulate nearest you, or go online (check with Google for the Canadian government, and go from there).

With all those questions, I would suggest you book through a good travel agent who knows cruising in North America, and is familiar with the best ways to get here from S. Africa. With time changes, different climate and visa regulations, a T.A. with knowledge in this area can help you avoid some unpleasant surprises!
Old 09-20-2003, 03:30 PM

I forgot to mention that this could be a wonderful cruise! October is peak leaf color time, and New England and eastern Canada are spectacular in the fall. Lots of history in that area too, if that interests you, and some charming places onshore to visit. Unless you are really looking for warm beaches, you won't be disappointed, and you will have done something different than usual, giving you some great things to tell friends & family about!

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, canada, canadian, carnival, cruise, reviews, victory, weather