Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Emergency Contact Info (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/22813-emergency-contact-info.html)

Van Beach 11-28-2010 03:15 PM

I have been looking on the Carnival website for an emergency number in case my family needs to get ahold of me while I am on the Carnival Legend. I can't seem to find anything. Also, is there a number to call in case we are late getting to the ship. We are flying from Minnesota and the weather is always "iffy" here in the winter.

MCPayne 11-28-2010 03:20 PM

Van Beach

I'm not sure about an emergency number if family needs to reach you, however, I can tell you one thing.

The ship WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU if you are late getting to the ship. NO EXCEPTIONS! Consider flying down a day before and paying for a hotel room.

Dave 11-28-2010 03:56 PM

Actually if the ship knows your flight information - such as if you bought your air from the cruise line - they will wait if possible. It depends on the circumstances and the port authority. I just wouldn't rely on it and thus always tell people to get to the port a day early if at all possible. However we have had more than one report over the years where a cruise waited because of flights being delayed.

As for emergency contact information - it will be in your cruise documents and really all anyone would need to do is contact your agent or Carnival directly with your name and the ship's name, and your cabin number. If it is an emergency they'll get in contact with the ship.

But, here is what they post on the website:

Those ashore can contact you via the Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States.

Have them dial 1-877-225-7447 and have the ship name and your name ready. It'd be nice if they had your cabin number too. They'll also need one of the following cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, or Diner's Club.

Berick1234 11-28-2010 06:14 PM

Hi to You,

I leave from Minnesota too....So far after 24 cruises, we've never missed the ship....But, while sitting on the runway 4 years ago and not knowing if I was going to make the ship....I BUY insurance now....To me, it's well worth the money....We have been on a few ships where they did wait for a plane load of passengers from Canada that were held up in Chicago because of snow....The ship did wait for 4 hours...but there were 70 or more passengers...I sure they won't wait for just a few.....Have a smashing good time....

Bob E

Van Beach 11-28-2010 08:03 PM

Thanks for the responses. My father has become ill in the last week and I just want to make sure that my family can reach me if they need to. I have given them the name of my travel agent so I will tell them to go that route if need be.

CruiseDad 11-29-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Van Beach:
Thanks for the responses. My father has become ill in the last week and I just want to make sure that my family can reach me if they need to. I have given them the name of my travel agent so I will tell them to go that route if need be.
Most Carnival Ships now have cell phone service on board. It is not cheap and depends on your carrier but probably better than $9.50. I'm sure someone can tell you if the legend has it. OR if you can stand to check in periodically you can sign up for internet service and check email a couple times a day. You can get packages at 55 cents per min plus a start up charge

Dave 11-29-2010 09:58 AM

All the ships have cellphone access, but not all providers have contracts with Cellular At Sea. The big ones do of course, such as Verizon, AT&T, etc.

You can look HERE for more info and the rates. If you have a smartphone you need to be careful and turn off data updates or you'll be getting a huge bill.

Wheels87 11-30-2010 06:24 PM

I recently cruised on the Fascination out of Jacksonville and I believe I got a text while on the ship directly from Sprint that said calls were $2.49 per minute and outgoing texts were $.50 and incoming texts were only $.05.

Please don't try to fly from Minneapolis in the dead of winter...I saw an extremely angry lady on a ship out of San Juan who had to catch the ship in Aruba because her flight was late. It is simply not worth it.

Good luck,

Brad