Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM

Well everyone, we had a fantastic time on the Legend from July 20-27-2008.It had been a few years since I had sailed and it was my wife's 1st cruise. Needless to say we had a great time, though the only slight problem and it wasn't so much of a problem depending on how you looked at it was the noise from the Lido Deck(#9)at night time when they were cleaning the floors etc. We were on Deck 8 and right underneath it so we heard all of the carts from the dining area etc. Otherwise WOW. Even the Open Dining was a big hit with us,no line ups and a different table each time we went. lol the only place we encountered any line ups was at the debarkation ramp for the shore excursions. We even got to experience the tail end of of a tropical storm on Monday(july 21)it was crappy weather for most of the day and when it rained it rained and the winds - WOW.

Speaking of shore excursions - we had booked a Gr.Cayman & Belize City Tour & Airboat Adventure,The Gr. Cayman Tour was a little longer than we expected so no shopping was done and we were the last tender back to the ship.The Belize tour was fantastic, we spent about an hour learning from our tour operator all about the life in Belize - the rich side vs poor side etc. The Airboat Adventure was simply WILD and informational. There were 12 of us on a flat bottom boat with a powerful 450hp motor on the back and a very experienced driver in control you had come to the right place - if you wanted to experience exhilarating speed(70mph)then this was the ride for you.

We also booked a excursion on Isla Roatan to vist with the macaws,parrots,and monkeys. Other than a little hike of 30 minutes up a small hill and across a wooded swinging bridge the rest of the tour was awesome. The parrots & macaws were wonderful to views and have sit on your shoulders,the monkeys were a total hoot!!, the youngest one was 10 months old and the oldest one was about 3 yrs ld - both loves to be petted and cuddled - lol but under their terms, the oldest one swiped my bottle of coke from my shorts pockets and up the tree he went and shared with his fellow monkeys. They are so soft and gentle and of course attracted to anything of color like pop bottle caps.

So all in all this was a fantastic time for both of us, definitely a good bang for the almighty $$$$. We were hoping to have heard from some of the other cruisers on the same cruise but no such luck

We are definitely going cruising again in the summer of 2009 and this time with our kids, so going to take some time and research our next cruise -

Dave & Charlene
canuckcrusiers
Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Welcome Back!

Thanks for the posting the comments. I had been wondering how the airboat excursion was going to be. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I don't know about those monkeys though. I think I will stick to snorkeling.

Dwayne
Old 07-29-2008, 01:05 PM

What a great report, loved reading your experience and happy to hear it was a great cruise! The Roatan adventure was definately something different. I might just have to give that a go if I find it on an itin I'm looking at for the future.

Thanks for sharing the details.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
canuckcrusiers, Now it is time to book another cruise, to get you through the cruise blues.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Spiritfilled - lol we already have - we have booked a cruise with our kids on the Valor for August 9-16 - 2009 sailing out of Miami. So here we go again, the wife has been biten by the cruising bug(as i knew she would). Alot better way to enjoy a holiday than staying in one place for the whole 7 days..

Canuckcruisers
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Congrats, Dave and Charlene!

The cruise addiction has set in. You picked a good ship (not that there are any bad ones). The Valor was recently refurbished and they added the Seaside Theatre, and mini golf.

Dwayne
Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 AM

Welcome back and thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad you've become addicted like the rest of us I hope your children will become addicts as well. Best wishes and be sure to let us know what your next choice is!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 PM

my very first crusie was the best, it will be hard to beat that one.

Closed Thread