Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006, 03:07 PM

Dave 56;

We cruised in March, and that was the first I had heard of the veterans discount as well. Actually, our TA had asked me if either my husband or myself once served in the Military. At the time we booked, I do believe that we had an option of booking up to 3 cabins under this military discount (my memory may be off a bit on this), since we only booked one cabin I am not remembering how additional cabins could have come into play.
Anyhow, I recall we saved approx. $135.00 pp on a balcony cabin onboard the Valor. I did not inquire about the savings for other cabins, as we have become very spoiled with having our own balcony!
I do know however, that we did have some friends decide to join us on the cruise....and they were on the same deck as us, 10 cabins down with an inside cabin, and paid MORE than us with our military disc.
For as often as you cruise Dave, you had best check into this new veteran offer onboard Carnival!!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 AM

Hi y'all just found this site and saw this thread. Recently returned from our first cruise on the Valor and looking to book a couple more cruises.

Husband was drafted in 1968 and his DD214 is an honorable discharge but statement of service is 1 year, 11 months and 14 days.

From reading your posts since it's less than 2 years of service he wouldn't qualify for the veterans discount.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:11 AM

It doesn't matter with Carnival. Just send them a copy of DD214. They may also request a copy of a picture ID and you should get the discount. I've also been told or read that it depends on the cruise.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Booked 7 day Mexican cruise 2 weeks ago. Balcony stateroom cat 8D. Price before Military discount $1766. After $1153.07
I did have to fax DD214 and I.D. I blocked out my SSN# and they still accepted it. Used airline miles for the flights and they are almost paying me for this vacation!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:42 PM

Great. Every little bit helps

Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 PM

Hi,
Can someone please clarify.
We are booked through a travel agent on Carnival Freedom in May 2007.
We are New Zealand citizens 70 years old.
I served two years with the Royal Air Force.
My wife is a retired Air New Zealand employee with 23 years service.
Will any of these qualify us for a discount.
Thanks
Peter

Closed Thread

Tags
aarp, cabins, carnival, cruise, cruises, dd214, disabled, discount, discounts, members, powered, travel, vbulletin, vet, veteran, veterans