Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 04:13 AM
Banned

I would like to remind all the veteran's out there that Carnival offers a very nice discount for veteran's. I know I have posted it before, but I just used my discount again and thought of it. Tom
Old 03-31-2006, 05:27 AM

Isn't the discount only on certain cruises? Not on every cruise?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 AM

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE ON THE EASTERN CRUISE IN OCT HE DID MENTION HE HAD SERVED IN THE MILAITARY ON GRAND TURK IN THE 70'S AND WE ARE GETTING A DICOUNT BECAUSE OF THAT NOT SURE IF ITS ON ALL CRUISES BUT ITS WORTH ASKING ABOUT HE IS LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK TO GRAND TURK.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Carnival offer's the veteran's discount on all of it's ship's. I have used it twice now. It can make quite a difference in price, I think the amount of discount is based on the initial price of the cruise.I found out about it from my personal cruise planner at Carnival. My T/A never mentioned it, I geuss she got more on her commision with the higher price.Tom
Old 03-31-2006, 06:13 PM

Tom,
I don't think that is necessarily true. I think the cruise lines are starting to do alot of things on their own. Besides, why would a Travel agent lose the whole sale just to try to save a small difference in commission. I am a 20 year veteran and have been on Carnival 28 times. The only military discount I knew off was for active duty not retirees, and then it was only on certain sailings. Just like they offer AARP discounts, but it's only on select sailings. If they are offering a veteran discount just to anyone who served I would like to know how they are verifying it. If they don't verify it, then it sort of diminishes it being anything special for veterans.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 PM

IN RESPONSE TO THE VETERANS DISCOUNT MY HUSBAND FAXED HIS DD-214 TO THE CARNIVAL REP AND WE RECIEVED THE DISCOUNT ON OUR UP COMING CRUISE FOR OCT
Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 PM

Hi, I just booked my first Carnival cruise. I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me if I was a veteran, or active duty. They said you had to been in for at least 2 years with an honorable discharge. I faxed my DD214, with my marriage certificate for my maiden to married name change. I got the discount. I think that is nice of Carnival. Too bad the others don't do it, or do they???? Lil' Lori USAF veteran.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2006, 08:35 PM

Lil Lori,
I am glad they are atleast verifying the DD214. 20 year USAF retiree. I haven't heard any of the other cruise lines doing it.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Anyone willing to divulge the amount of discount they got, or what percentage it was? I've got 10 years of active duty and this is the first I have heard of Carnival's deal.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:20 AM

Yes carnival do offer deals for veterans everytime I have called dirctly they ask me if any family member is a veteran which happens to be my husband servered over two years. We can not use it becuase we are going with a group on a group rate.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
aarp, cabins, carnival, cruise, cruises, dd214, disabled, discount, discounts, members, powered, travel, vbulletin, vet, veteran, veterans