Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I got the paper tickets for my next cruise in the mail without asking. Maybe that will be different for the September cruise.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy June 27, 2014
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014

Past Cruises:
42 and Counting......
Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 AM
OK I had the same trouble with my cruise for some strange reason now I have them by mail and e-docs.
First I order it by mail never received they changed to e-docs and now I have 3 mail packages and the documents online E-docs and the E-docs are better. Yesterday I bought the tours from carnival and instantly they were added to my E-docs, as now I have received the confirmed action of the payment and don’t have to worry about them.
Just one question

When do I will receive the tickets for the tours?
When I arrive to the Ship??

Well as for your problem:

• Does your browser have pop blockers? The E-docs will be a pop up and believe me if you have a 56 kps dial up it will take time to download, after that the automatically will open the adobe acrobat reader.

• You have to download the correct acrobat because they have a few other programs when you download you have to be sure you have “Acrobat Reader” the others will not help you with this. Also save it to your computer and then open it.

• They told me the same thing “Once you as the customer select to receive e-docs, that’s basically your only option, there is no way to change back to paper” but they also told me “if you want to change them to paper, you can, but have to wait to Monday and call the department of costumer service, since I am on reservations and I cant fix it”

• Just call them during working hours and they will change it back

I hope this helps,
Casanova
Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 AM

Cas, your excursion confirmation can be viewed online from their site. The actual itin for them with info on times and meeting place, etc will be in your cabin when you get onboard. If it is not, simply go to the Purser's Desk and they'll print you one.

Neil
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
thanks trvlPro I was worried about that is the first time I booked the tours before getting on the ship...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:02 PM

If you don't ask for paper docs when you book the cruise CCL now assumes you want e-docs. Of course, they should have given you the choice when you booked the cruise. If you booked it online via their website, somewhere during the process there is a check box for paper tix. I can see that as what the uneducated agent was referring too. BUT, I don't believe that there is no way to call them and change to paper docs. That would be dumb unless you are too close to sailing for them to get them to you.

I perfer the paper docs, but except for the luggage tags, there really isn't a need for them other than the excitement you get when discovering them in your mailbox. If you fill out the fun pass and hand that to the embarkation person, they really don't need the rest of the booklet. Used to be that your airplane tix would be in the booklet, but the airlines have gone paperless now, so there isn't much reason left to have the paper booklet.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM

Well....Casanova, You are the man.... Finally got it. Just so everyone else knows, for some reason using Mozilla Firefox it WILL NOT load the proper screens regardless of pop up options. I tried Internet explorer which i dont think i have ever used on this comp and it loaded the first time! So, this is what it feels like to view your e-docs!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm glad that it worked for you. Took me awhile as well. Have a great cruise.

Past Cruises:
CCL Triumph 7/07
CCL Glory 1/10
CCL Valor 1/11
Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Just got my edocs for our September cruise. I also noted that Mozilla Firefox would not do them at all, but MS Internet Deplorer downloaded them without difficulty. I hope Carnival will make it possible to use Firefox in the near future.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 07-23-2007, 05:03 PM

Hi,
You can put your booking number in on Carnival.com if your registered then it should say print my documents.Or google my documentCarnival and the main site will come up to print docs easy and fast.I have done so myself several times.You will get paper luggage tags though.Good luck
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 PM

I would think the Cruise Line will safe alot of money doing e-docs...
Was told by our TA we could still get a paper copy

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, carnival, documents, edocuments, elation, fascination, firefox, fun, httpfreecruisecom, morzilla, online, pass