Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 09:36 AM

Hello!

I've been reading the posts for quite a while, and what a great group you are! Entertaining, informative, and fun - what more can you ask for?

I have a room question about the Elation. We received our tickets, and our room is right by the elevator. We are all light sleepers, and I was wondering if the elevators are noisy? Should I request a different room?

Also, I'm wondering why there are no reviews of the Elation on the Mexico route? That seems odd to me. Does anyone know of a review for it?

Last question - are the pools cold on the ship? I remember seeing that somewhere...

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:14 AM

we were on the elation last oct and we loved it the crew is great, the pools were really nice. one of our table mates said they did not hear the elevator, thats all i can say about that. but you will enjoy the ship really nice
Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 PM

I too was on Elation last October. I have not heard of any complaints about the elevators, but I have never had a cabin directly beside one either. The noise may come from the hallway near the elevator with people comming and going and talking etc.

If you are really light sleepers, it is no problem for them to move you to be on the safe side.

I want to echo Jerome about the Crew and say the Elation has the best Crew I have ever experienced.

IslandCruz
Old 06-24-2007, 03:39 AM
I was on the Elation in November. We were on the Riviera deck right across from the elevators and I never heard anything. I liked the convenience and would not hesitate to have another room close to the elevator. I believe we were also by the elevator on the Wind. No complaints there either.

The room on the Elation was great. The biggest bathroom (shower) we have had so far. The bed was fantastic! I would love to go on the Elation again. My only complaint was the buffet was so dark and gloomy. Go to the back of the buffet diningroom and sit outside. It is more private back there. We loved it! I hope to sail on the Elation again someday. I loved the itinerary.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 AM

I cruised on the Elation a few weeks ago to Mexico. http://travel.webshots.com/album/559306686MWPXNG
Old 06-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Thank you so much for the info! It gave me a few more things to ponder, but I'm already in the "No stress-vacation soon" mode, so no worries.

GTVCRUISE: I really enjoyed your photos of the Elation...especially the one with your feet on railing while looking over the ocean. I'll entertained for hours doing just that!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, elation, elevators, ship