Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bbrj887:
I went to listen to the plan. It was offering 20% to 40% off selected cruises. It also offered vacations for 7 nights (land tours) for only $299.00 (I think for two persons) You could add more people if the resort would allow. It started from $3,900 up to $9,800. There was a service fee for every 3 or 4 years. I remember the $3,900 was for 2 land vacations and discounts on cruises. We did not buy because we felt it was only pre-paying for the cruise and the land part there was not enough selections for the resorts. The resorts were mostly in the USA.
We have sat through the presentation twice. (on 2 different ships) because I wanted to make sure I was really hearing what they were saying.

The bottom line is that the cruises cost you a little more than you can get them book them on the Internet. However, if you are not a Platinum member and the VIP Check In and Debark is worth it to you...the Bronze package is cheaper than booking a Cat 11 or Cat 12 for the priviledges. People who have a few cruises under their belt (for whom this perk is worth it) are buying the Bronze for $3,500.00 and (since you still get the perks whether you use your points to sail or use cash money)...they enjoy these perks while building up the number of cruises. By the time their CVC perks expire, they have 10 cruises (which makes them Platinum members) which gives them the VIP Check In and Debark.

Basically what Carnival is doing is "selling the Platinum" perks for $1,000.00. *which is the amount of money you lose on the Bronze package* So if VIP Check In is worth $1,000.00, then this is the plan for you.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM

Well I sat thru the presentation eight or nine times with different friends all who also purchased a package of some sort. And If you find the price cheaper on the internet, The Vacation club beat the price by a very decent amount.
It is real funny how people DON'T hear what is being presented to them. It's like the old kids game tell them a story and by the time it gets a
to the last person it is nothing like what was said to the first person. It is not just the perks that people pay for it's the prices, service, vacations at 5 diamond resorts. I was already a Platinum member prior to buying the package. and the benefits are far Greater!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 PM

Perfectly Stated!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cpresti246:
Well I sat thru the presentation eight or nine times with different friends all who also purchased a package of some sort. And If you find the price cheaper on the internet, The Vacation club beat the price by a very decent amount.
It is real funny how people DON'T hear what is being presented to them. It's like the old kids game tell them a story and by the time it gets a
to the last person it is nothing like what was said to the first person. It is not just the perks that people pay for it's the prices, service, vacations at 5 diamond resorts. I was already a Platinum member prior to buying the package. and the benefits are far Greater!
Sorry, but I can not allow such a misrepresentation to pass. The ONLY perk you get from being CVC as opposed to Platinum is a free party and that is ONLY if you are sailing on a ship that has a CVC office. If you want to pay $1,500.00 for that one party than go right ahead. But 80+ people furious, in just 6 months, that could not find those wonderful 5 star resorts is not "some story". It is fact.
And getting that Sheraton "resort" for the same price by any Joe Blow off the Street...is FACT.

Anyone who thinks that a State's Attorney General banned the sale of these programs to their residents because they were such a good deal....only proves there is a sucker born every minute.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Perfectly Stated!
Thank you...I thought so!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Cpresti246 either works for I.C.E. or he is just the idiot they want to sign on.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 PM

The only misrepresentation is the ones you put in your heads!
enough said.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 PM

Calling people names only shows the lack of intelligence you have. I don't work for I.C.E. or Carnival. I just think the deal is great and so do many of my friends. Like I said in a previous post, You make up in your heads what you hear.. Listen to the facts and process them as they are. And by the way I am a female..
Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
The only misrepresentation is the ones you put in your heads!
enough said.
Why don't you tell that to:

anni522, DOREENrae, donnacruise,
myk1d3, larrytaylormade, DeeEngland,
nina, Ohibble , debandtim ,
FABRICMAN, sunset , Sailin_spanos,
Larry in Miami, Nanon foote , GJST,
Unhappycruiser, cinjim, nccruisers,
Dan J, briteminds, MadAtCVC,
PJFNME, Mastadon, babeenurse

which are just some of the folks who DID buy into this and are now livid at being deceived!!

And those are just some of the folks who posted on this thread alone!!

Tell them it is all in their minds, I dare you.
But then, you can't because you obviously did not have the decency to read them.

It is NOT in their minds...it is out of their wallets.

Sadly, you did not say anything close to the truth...much less "enough".
Old 09-15-2006, 02:02 PM

You are right it is enough,I have no time for this childish conversation.
Learn to listen with your ears and process what was said and there is no "Deceit". As a I know the law, I also legally analyed the information.

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arizona, carnival, carnvial, center, club, complaints, cruise, fun, join, president, reviews, scams, ship, tags, vacation, vaction