Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 AM

********** MUST READ ********************

Hello all, I used to be a Carnival Vacation club sales associate on a certain ship** don't really want to say which one.

First off all, anyone who bought a package... well sorry but you were ripped off. It's all lies people! Points are at .25 cents, not .17

The $299 resort certificates are a joke! hahah seriously, YOU CANT USE THEM!

VIP perks are limited, honestly I don't even know what we did.. Debark was a bonus, but anyone could get off the same time if they requested it.... funny

We lied to people.. YES.. constantly, we were encouraged to do so. More sales = more money!

Here is the bottom line, if I did not sign up $40,000 a week in packages I could be fired the next week. Plus if I do not hit 40k I get no commission. Example, I produced $38k in packages, sorry NO COMM.

Do I feel bad for ripping so many NICE people off? Yeah, especially some. I really do.. I actually went out and partied with some of the guests i signed up. Or would sit down for hours and just chat. I guess it was hard for them to say NO to me.

I actually told a guest not to cancel it the second he got home.. he was a cool dude.

Another thing about the points, you can never use the exact amount that you have in the "bank" so you automatically lose!! I forget how many states cant even buy 'rental points' but it was a lot. So now your stuck with 1500 points, and of course you wont buy another package!

If you financed the friggin thing you're already screwed. Think about it! paying 15% interest on FUTURE VACATIONS!! or paying INTEREST ON NOTHING! ! ! ! you spread out vacations over a 3-5 year period. WHY PAY INTEREST ON NOTHING? too me this was the worst part of the package

And lets be honest, who has 5-10k sitting around to spend on this vacation package.

Some of the day to day lies in the pitch:

You get better chance of upgrades, NO
You get best price guaranteed, NOPE!
VIP benefits on all carnival corp ships, NOPE (only 6 ships it was sold on, NOW NONE)
Do our prices beat military discounts? hahha Hell no!
Were part of Carnival! NO WE ARENT! - I played on this feature! people feel secure with carnival

.... So many more, another big one being the use of exchanging points for cruises. I KNOW FOR FACT EVERY ASSOCIATE would LIE about this! If I or another sales person showed you the laptop with the points layout, we always picked an off season room, or different category.

I did very well for myself, I would produce anywhere from 30-80k a week in sales. Once I gained your trust via jokes... building rapport.. many many sales tactics. You were mine, i made the deal look like gold, any objection you had I would close.
My closing rate was around 60-70% very very high.

Those bottles of champagne cost .08 cents each by the way..

CVC is done for now, but another program is in the works by ICE, will even be bigger than before.

Ohh yes, forgot to mention the contract! PEOPLE! read everything! never sign anything unless you have taken due f'kin diligence! IT SAYS RIGHT IN THE CONTRACT, "anything the sales person has said cannot be considered the truth" or something along those lines... um i forget the page, but i would skip over it very fast

I would have you sign the contract within 5 mins. thats 19 pages people! You people trust too much..

Sorry... but it was a job, i needed to make money. I was good at it.

Ciao !

ps. art auctions on ships are even worse! never buy any art.. i knew many art auctioneers, they told me many many stories. Art is overvalued on ships, one story... Some family bought 30k worth of art, came home and it was appraised at around 4-6k... if you can sell it!

So hope you haven't bought art as well.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM

Well aren't you special! "Confession is good but true repentance would make restitution."
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Banned

Full restitution.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 AM

He does bring up another topic... Art Auctions. Chewy confirms my suspicions that the art is not worth anything close to what they claim it is.

Anyone ever buy any art on board and get it appraised once they got home? I when to one auction and came out with a feeling that there was no way that stuff was worth what they claimed.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM

I can't imagine it would be worthwhile for the cruise line to cut any deals on art. So, I would steer clear and take my chances at bingo. Or maybe some day they will auction off burned ironing board covers!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM

If the burned ironing board covers comes in a nice frame... I'm IN! You can get those just anywhere.

I'm with you on the cruise line cutting no deals, makes you wonder why you see the "auctions" on EVERY cruise line and don't hear about anyone who thinks they got ripped off. Maybe because no one bothers to get an appraisal when they get home? That and very few poeple knowledgable in art prices go on cruises? Again I don't understand. Either the art is sold for decent prices or people are too afraid to admit that got taken.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Yes, art auctions are horrible! The so called retail price is vastly inflated!

The art, is not original art. They make is seem as if there are only a few prints 50-300.. When there are thousands! In the 60's artists like Dali, chagal, Miro, Picasso...ect had thousands upon thousands of prints made, making them worth next to nothing!

Don't get me wrong, you can buy limited edition art collections by DALI, CHAGALL, MIRO, PICASSO.. but never on a ship for a good price!

There are some deals on the ship bound auctions, but very few. Most likely could still of found a better price on the internet, or land gallery.

Park west Gallery has a huge selection of these artists. And I believe they are on over 60 ships worldwide, Carnival, RCCL, NCL, Disney...

If you want to buy art, visit a well known dealer with 3rd party appraisals. NOT APPRAISALS DONE BY THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY (PARK WEST).

All of this was told by me by a senior art auctioneer, we had a good long chat about how we screwed people over... he won!

Buyer Beware!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 AM

Gotta give Chewy some small percentage of redemption for his efforts to warn everyone about the art.

His credibility increased when he said about the 3rd party appraisal.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Are you booking more cruises through CVC or Carnival? I've booked cruises this year with both C and CVC and wondering which other members book their cruises with and why.
Thanks,
Cassandra
Old 08-18-2007, 07:26 PM

I just booked a 1 week stay in Orlando at the Fountains Resort thru CVC. The documents I recieved from the resort parent company indicate that I must check in at the Orlando Tourist Bureau to obtain my resort vouchers. It also states that I must attend a 2 hour sales presentation and tour (ie timeshare presentation). Is this true - do I have to go to a different place to get a resort voucher? Do I have to sit thru a sales presentation as well? Lastly, it states that my husband must accompany me to the sales presentation or I will be charged a higher rate than the $299. My husband is not going on the trip. Has anyone else had this nonsense send to them when booking a resort thru CVC?

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arizona, carnival, carnvial, center, club, complaints, cruise, fun, join, president, reviews, scams, ship, tags, vacation, vaction