Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LH:
I just booked a 1 week stay in Orlando at the Fountains Resort thru CVC. The documents I recieved from the resort parent company indicate that I must check in at the Orlando Tourist Bureau to obtain my resort vouchers. It also states that I must attend a 2 hour sales presentation and tour (ie timeshare presentation). Is this true - do I have to go to a different place to get a resort voucher? Do I have to sit thru a sales presentation as well? Lastly, it states that my husband must accompany me to the sales presentation or I will be charged a higher rate than the $299. My husband is not going on the trip. Has anyone else had this nonsense send to them when booking a resort thru CVC?
You should NOT have to sit through anything to get the $299. This was part of your "package". I am not a CVC member, but I would be STEAMED about this. You need to contact the person you booked this through immediately and get this straightened out.

If you have any troubles, tell them you are going to contact the Florida Attorney General's office and file a complaint. If they don't back down on this ridiculous requirement...call the AG!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
I have stayed at thhe Fountains Resort. It is a very nice resort, and yes you do have to sit through the sales pitch. Just say NO. Be as loud and mean as you can, have kids with you if possible. This will help them deciced to get rid of you quicker.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Papa:
quote:
I have stayed at thhe Fountains Resort. It is a very nice resort, and yes you do have to sit through the sales pitch. Just say NO. Be as loud and mean as you can, have kids with you if possible. This will help them deciced to get rid of you quicker.

Just curious, did they tell you that you had to sit through a 2 hour talk when they sold you the package? What does she do since her husband will not be with her, pay a higher price? This is just not right.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:40 AM

Yep, I fell for it: Joined CVC on a cruise three years ago. Good luck trying to use any of the "fantastic" features they have - booking my cruise cost me $1,000 more for a family of four, compared to what it would have cost if I had just booked it on-line. For that, I get a stack of worthless vouchers:
- Airfare voucher: Doesn't work over Christmas, or any other time I actually want to travel for leisuer
- Resort voucher: Not available anywhere I want to go, and from this forum, sounds like just another timeshare pitch
- Hotel / golf discounts: Not available when you actually want to go

On top of that, horrible customer service, no way to get money back from these hucksters.

Just stay away from CVC - COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Thankfully CVC is a thing of the past from what I hear.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 AM

I am really so sad to see all the negative comments about the Carnival Vacation Club (cvc).I used to work for cvc as a program manager onboard the Glory and the Conquest for a period of just over one year. What has happened to all of our happy members. Everyone is always so quick to complain about something when it goes wrong, but when things are going well we never hear about it. I used to personally welcome all of our members when they got onboard and for every 1 unhappy member i had 10 happy ones.

In response to having to sit through long presentations before being able to utilise a resort certificate...... this i find hard to believe, if my memory serves me correctly, it states very clearly in your resort certificate that you do not need to do this. This is the first i have heard of it.

I stopped working for cvc in February this year and there is nothing wrong with the membership. It gives you fantastic vaue for money. There are two main reasons why people are unhappy. The 1st is that they do not understand what they have bought (message sent out is not always the same as the message received) and the second is that they have been lied to by a sales representative and the membership has been misrepresented and unfortunately false promises have been made.

Solutions at Sea and Carnival would never ever market a membership under any misrepresentation at all. The directors and management of Solutions at Sea gave numerous training sessions onboard the vessels and on land. Only the strictist terms and conditions were practised. We had onboard manuals that we had to adhere to daily. The only mirepresentation that took place was unfortunately by renegade sales people who did not care about anything except making a fast buck from unsuspecting victims. Solutions at Sea can in no way be held liable for this. I think this is very unfair.

I personally fired staff members upon finding out that they were lying to people. This was something that had to be monitored.

I always see cvc members comparing their membership cruise points to companies like vacations to go. This you cannot do......you did not buy a cruise package.....you bought a vacation package. The true value lies in how many vacations you get for your money. Dollar for dollar you cannot get better value for your money.

Use your points correctly. Be reasonable and flexiable on your dates for your cruies and vacation certificates and dont expect to get a reservation in peak periods (if you do great) for $299. Where can you get 5 or 6 vacations for $5000. You will only get the true value of your membership if you utilise it correctly. I spoke to a lot of members that had utilised their resort certificates and cruises correctly and they were all very happy.

Instead of spending so much time trying to get your money back, put that energy into getting the most out of your membership. I come from a leisure marketing backround of 15 years and can assure that your membership will give you exceptional value for money if utilised correctly.

I am sorry to hear that cvc is off the ships and will miss working for them, i will also miss all the wonderful happy members i used to look after. Marcia Rowley is a remarkable woman with great vision and insight. This membership program was her absolute passion and i for one am very sorry that a couple of renegade salespeople ruined if for her.

I am proud to have been a part of cvc and can sleep well at night knowing that i always sold the product with honesty and integrity. I will proudly attach my name and email address to this for anybody who might wish to contact me.

Any cvc staff member that has anything bad to say about the program was probably fired for lying or could not reach their required targets. Do not believe everything you read.

I was not asked or coerced into saying any of this and have done so completely on my own.

Feel free to contact me.

Sean Houzet email.sean@deal4two.co.za
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Sean:

I can't believe you have read all these pages and just told all these people that the only problem with this program is that THEY did not know how to handle it correctly.

You were clearly just another salesman, because I can assure you that ICE's reputation (or lack there of) is the main reason this program was discontinued.

Where are all the "happy customers"? Of the poll done, 75% were LIVID (not unhappy, not mad) LIVID at being lied to. And of the 25% were not LIVID, only 2% stated they would actually renew. Sorry that is not a great record when only 2% of your customers tell you that they would do business with you again.

On the Spirit in 2005, CVC sales personnel were purposely LYING on applications of residents who lived in Carolina when the sales reps knew it was illegal to sell to these residents. These CVC reps told the cruises that they could not sell to them and told these cruisers to give them FALSE addresses.

It has been proven time and time again that the cruises cost more than if someone booked it off the Internet or directly with Carnival. So don't stop conning these people with your 5 or 6 vacations for $5,000.00 spin.

The resort coupons for the most part were useless because (unless you wanted to go to the whooping 5 places available) you were out of luck. The rest were always "not available".

If this junk was anything close to legitimate, they would have been able to sell it in the US and not "out at sea". Carnival's name went through the mud. Just check the local BBB's and complaints with the various Attorney General's offices.

The bottom line is that people paid a minimum of $1,050.00 for the priviledge of VIP Check In and Debarkation, some strawberries and a party (IF there was an office onboard ~~ now that the offices are gone...guess what...so are the parties).

It was not a matter of people not knowing how to "use it". It was the fact that they were misled time and time again. If it wasn't by your group, then good for you. But it was obviously by a lot of other people who did not have your morals. So don't blame the victims here...all they did was make the mistake of trusting ICE.

Thankfully, Carnival did the right thing and pulled the plug on this and it is history!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Thank Goodness someone has told the TRUTH!! The Vacation Club is a WONDERFUL VALUE I have never had a problem at all!! Even booking in a 5 star resort were the costs were listed as 229.00 per night!! And I have used my points for cruises and have always gotten a GREAT UPGRADE on my cabin and the lowest price anywhere..IT is so true the most people only like to complain!! Because those of us that are happy never take the time to say so!! Well I am saying it and I would RENEW!!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cpresti246:
Thank Goodness someone has told the TRUTH!! The Vacation Club is a WONDERFUL VALUE I have never had a problem at all!! Even booking in a 5 star resort were the costs were listed as 229.00 per night!! And I have used my points for cruises and have always gotten a GREAT UPGRADE on my cabin and the lowest price anywhere..IT is so true the most people only like to complain!! Because those of us that are happy never take the time to say so!! Well I am saying it and I would RENEW!!
Ok you can put your pompoms down. Again, you are in the 2% that said they would renew. 2% is a JOKE in the business world....NOT a glowing report!!! If you are happy being 2% of the suckers that were happy enough to renew...then I am sure there are plenty of other folks out there willing to take your money now that this scam is GONE!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 AM

Cpresti246, I would give your post a little more credibility if you had, during the course of the past year, posted on other subjects in this forum. However, in looking at your past posts, it appears that they have all been on the subject of CVC...and only CVC.

I'm not making any accusations, but the casual reader would tend to think, I believe, that someone, who only posts on one thread in a forum is a "drive-by" poster with an agenda to forward.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Garnett

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arizona, carnival, carnvial, center, club, complaints, cruise, fun, join, president, reviews, scams, ship, tags, vacation, vaction