Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 04:24 PM

I was just reading this post and I am wondering if this offer is offered on every Carnival cruise? If so those who have purchased it and feel as if they are being ripped off and are booked on another Carnival cruise in the very near future should attend the vacation club sell and let everyone in the meeting know the real truth. I know if I was ripped off like that and was booked on another Carnival cruise the whole ship would know about it. And we all know that united we stand so you'll should come together as one. I'm a Carnival lover but I hate to see a company ripping people off. As a matter of fact they still owe me 2 bottles of wine with the ship engraved in it, but that's another story. I hope Carnival is not becoming like the saying goes,,,, You get what you pay for!!!

Deege
Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
When I signed up they had us meet in small groups, it was me and another person. They kept it on a very personal level. The woman I met with made it sound like a fantastic deal, she had all the right answers to any question we asked. I did not actually sign up until later in the cruise.

Guess you got to go by the sying, If it sounds too good to be true....
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 PM

We just joined this club Jan 17 on the Conquest. We love to cruise and travel. We were so busy after coming home that we let the days to cancel pass. Big mistake. We have since found out that there were at least 4 discrepancies between their rep on the ship and what we can actually do with our points. We have emailed and phoned to no adequate response. At least we know now there is a group of unsatisfied customers. Thank you SO MUCH! We are also going to send our e-mails to the president of Carnival and if we can find the person, the president of Solutions at Sea, or I.C.E. Please keep me informed of your progress.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:06 PM

The people who run the Carnival Vacation Club is ICE Gallery or International Cruise and excurtions, the sub company operating on the ships are Solutions At Sea. ICE is located in Phoenix Arizona. The head of Ice is John and Marcia Rowley. The Vice President of Onboard Operations that deals with the consultants selling the product is Ms Pat Olsen.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Larry in Miami, you better get a quick refund.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:35 AM

We bought a carnival vacation (CVC) membership you get points to use on a cruise. If you need more points you can get them (was told at a cheaper price). Ok so I booked two rooms with CVC. I have a balcony and a quad, I called to add two people to the quad (CVC) wanted 1768.00 to add two people, because I dont have enough points and would have to rent points. Or I could save points and pay cash which was even more money. I called carnvial direct and they cant add to a room which a travel agency already has. They could give me a double or give me a quad for two (Eric and girl) for 1500.00 Now remember I already have a quad room and I have points 2,000 pts but even with the points it would have cost 1786. through cvc. I still have not received my air coupons and have called three times for these. So I called (CVC) who is suppose to be cheaper then carnival and they said no way I talked to supervisor after supervisor. The supervisor advised me to hurry and get the other room through carnival LOL. Anyway, I booked a room for eric and tiff and they will be with john and jen because thats the reason they are going. So Eric and Tiffs room will not be used. I have filed a complaint with Carnival in a email and when i get back going to file with BBB. I would also like names and numbers to file more complaints. I dont think anyone should have to go through this. If Carnvial allows this on their ships it will cause major problems for them in the long haul.

Has anyone had any satisfaction with their complaints.

Sincerely,

Carol Stead
briteminds@aol.com
Old 03-21-2006, 05:38 AM

The points I have left are useless, unless I buy another vacation package. This is the 4th cruise we have been on. And if I paid cash would have been a whole lot cheaper.

Sincerely,

carol stead
Old 03-24-2006, 08:09 AM

Do yourself a favor, enjoy Carnival Cruising but Do NOT join the Carnival Vacation Club

We love Carnival, so in December 2004, when we were invited to a Carnival Vacation Club presentation, we thought, “why not?” We are going to cruise anyway, why not pre-pay and get perks like priority boarding and disembarkation?

For $3500 we bought 14,000 cruise points; enough, we were told, for 2 or 3 cruises. We were also given two certificates for 1-week stays at time-share resorts for $300 ($299 actually) and two companion airfare certificates.

I should have guessed that something was not right when they finessed the question about how many points it took for the average cruise. We were assured that we would get the best rates. We figured, well even if we did not save money, we would pay no more; and we would get the VIP treatment.

Admittedly, my math skills are limited, but my calculator tells me that $3500 divided by 14,000 points is 25 cents per point. They tell us that it is only 17.5 cents per point because of the “perks”. But 14,000 points times 17.5 cents/point is $2450. That means I spent $1050 for the right to pay $300/week x 2 at a resort—gee, what a deal. To make me feel worse, it turns out that the companion airfares are only good in the continental US, only for flights over $379 and they expire 3 years before the membership does--we will probably not be able to use them.

Okay, buyer beware, we are not saving any money. But it turns out that the $3500 I spent on 14,000 points was not enough to cover two passages in a balcony cabin on the Spirit (to Alaska), that my travel agent priced for me at $3450. In points, it was over 16,000. Carnival Vacation Club graciously offered to “rent” me the additional points at 31 cents per point. So the $3450 cruise that I could have bought was going to cost me $5150 because I am a VIP!

I gave up on the balcony and decided to go low-end rather than blow all our points on one cruise. The 4A cabin on the 8/2/2006 sailing was 5885 points. On the 7/26/2006 sailing that same cabin was 4277. That is a difference of 1608 points ($402 real world dollars/ 281.40 in “Carnival-eese”). However, if I were just a regular pedestrian, instead of a VIP, I could get the August 2nd sailing for $50 less than the July 26th sailing. I wanted the August 2nd sailing because, a) I wanted to sail Southbound; and b) I wanted to be cruising on my 50th birthday. But I was not paying $402 per ticket more to do that, so we booked July 26th.

I tried asking, “Barb” the Vacation Club representative to whom I spoke, about why as a “VIP”; I get to pay so much more than the rest of the world? She tried to tell me that you cannot compare cash and points. But when I pointed out that you can compare paying more points to paying less cash, she hung up on me!

I do not know what the wonderful on-board Member Benefits are (they want to surprise you with them)--but if they do not include a balcony up grade then they are not worth the $1050 that I apparently paid for them.

Do yourself a favor, enjoy Carnival Cruising but Do NOT join the Carnival Vacation Club
Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 AM

LN, your is one of several messages I've read lately about how the Vacation Club is not worthwhile. Thanks for posting, and sorry for your trouble!

Sandy
Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM

I to joined this scam of a club. I am waiting for my refund and I am starting to get a little nervous.
After this I will never cruise with carnival again. They let these scam artist aboard their ships to take advantage of their customers. I wonder how much carnival is receiving for letting them use their ships and sell this crap.
I took a cruise on Royal Caribbean once and it was much nicer than carnival. I went carnival this time because I had points on my credit card.
I usually don't fall for such scams, must have been the champayne. We were lied to about how many points it would take to book a cruise.
There must be a way to e-mail the big guy at carnival cruise lines.
Maybe if they get enough e-mails they will stop these scam artist from boarding their ships

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arizona, carnival, carnvial, center, club, complaints, cruise, fun, join, president, reviews, scams, ship, tags, vacation, vaction