Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Okay - anyone know the real deal on this? First of all, what exactly is it? Second, is it a total scam or worthwhile? I have friends who returned from a Carnival cruise talking about it and regretting that they didn't go to the onboard presentation (they think they may have missed out on a really good deal). I never even heard of it before.

Brenda
Old 10-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Brenda,
I do not have any first hand knowledge about the Vacation Club, so I can't really say if it is a worthwhile program, but here is what I do know:
It is a kind of Vacation Plan with Points. For $5,000 you purchase a Silver Membership which will earn you 20,000 points. Your points are good for 5 years and can be redeemed for cruises (points required varies by cabin selection, length of cruise, and destination). Since you are idenitified as a VIP, there are a number of perks you will enjoy while on your cruise - such as special parties, welcome gifts, concierge services, a special embarkation lounge and pre-boarding privileges to name a few. You also get 2 for 1 air certificates or Free Companion Fare and 3 Land Resort Vacation Certificates (7 night stay for $299 for 2). It also includes a Family & Friends Program which allows them to make bookings under your membership. There are other components to the program - but that's the gist of it.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-02-2005, 05:36 AM

Thanks - gee - maybe I will look into that on my next cruise. Anyone on this board join the Vacation Club and willing to share their experiences?
Brenda
Old 11-10-2005, 09:11 AM

I became a member of this club back in July and it sounded great! But I realized that it was just a scam. You do go by a point system like NancyN stated and all that she wrote is exactly what they tell you, but I have yet to receive my free companion air tickets, the resorts that you get are limited to only Cozumel & some other mexican resort and I was told I would be getting the best rate in the industry and I just checked for a cruise next year and my travel agent was cheaper than they were. I'm extremely disappointed and wish I would've never joined this club.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 PM

In my opinion, anytime someone asks for money upfront for subsequent "discounts and bargains" it is likely to not be for real. Just my opinion

Tom
Old 11-13-2005, 11:18 AM

Tom,
Thanks for that word of caution - you are probably right - especially since someone who joined is sorry they did.
Brenda
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM

We also joined this club back in July, and we haven't received our air tickets either. We paid for the club in full, but still haven't received the things that were promised.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-15-2005, 01:43 PM

I also joined the club in Oct 2004 and find it near impossible to use any of their bonus promotions.The $299 resort certificate is for cheap spots and you cannot find a listing for many of their advertised world resorts. I am trying to get my money back by registering complaints at federal and state level.I would appreciate any help as this is the only way to stop these scams.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 PM

Nina, I'm taking you up on your suggestion. My husband is trying to cancel our credit card payment and seeing what else he can do. Can you give me a heads up on who you are trying to reach in order to get this messy situation solved. I'm soooo upset that I was stupid enough to join. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:06 AM

I joined back in June while doing the Baja Mexico cruise. I am diappointed also in that I got the Platinum package for $10,000 which gives me 44,800 points . I am going on a cruise on the 18th of this month to the Mexican Riviera and tried to book the cruise back in June using my points . The cruise in a cat 11 for me, my wife and son would have used over 1/2 of my points.
I booked it directly with Carnival I pain $4200. I called the Vacation club and asked the why the difference. I was told that each point was worth approx $.25 . That to me did not add up to 10K. She told me that the rest was for the VIP priviledges . I did recieve my airline passes which are only good in the continental US and do me no good in Hawaii.
As far as the resort coupons I have yet to explore them but what I was told on the ship was that up to 7 people can stay at one of the resorts for 7 days for $299. The VIP priviledges are definately worth it judging by my last cruise but as far as booking your cruises and using the points you are getting ripped off. You get it cheaper buying it yourself.

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arizona, carnival, carnvial, center, club, complaints, cruise, fun, join, president, reviews, scams, ship, tags, vacation, vaction