Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Hello everyone, just booked my second cruise this one on the Carnival Spririt to Alaska in May. I welcome any comments, tips etc that will help me prepare for this voyage. Thank you and thanks for all the great information all of you provide!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Hi mrtonyla13, congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Alaska is such a beautiful place. Make sure you bring lots of memory chips or film and spare batteries for your camera.

Since the weather can be very fickle, bring clothes that you can layer and make sure you bring rain gear.

Check out our Alaska Port Chat section a little further down the page, there are quite a few posts about the various ports there. Also, check out the transportation and hotel sections as well (again, a little further down on the main page) for some helpful tips.

I do suggest going in at least a day early. They also have combination land/sea packages you can purchase, you might check those out, if you're interested.

Food prices are expensive in Alaska, but you sure can't beat the fresh seafood there.

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how it went when you return
Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM

mrtonyla13, we're going on the Spirit in March to the Mexican Riviera (happy birthday to me!). I've heard lots of good things about the Spirit. Also, we went to Alaska 3 years ago on a Princess ship, and the scenery was absolutely beautiful! You're going to love it. We went in May, also, and it sure was cold. Take lots of warm clothing. We hardly used the balcony, just too cold.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming Alaska cruise. It is our favorite cruise destination!

We have been there twice, both times in May. The weather can be fickle, but we had gorgeous weather both times. It was so warm in Ketchikan and Skagway both times that spring jackets were just fine. It will be colder by the glaciers.

Because we had nice weather, we used our balcony may times. It was warm enough at Tracy Arm that people were on their balconies enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Be prepared for cold or warm weather by layering.

Enjoy planning your trip. It's an awesome experience.

Nadine
Old 12-01-2010, 07:41 PM

mrtonyla13, You're going during a good time which is better for the possibility to see the newborn baby animals and for better viewing of the mountains.

Closed Thread