Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 AM

We will be driving to Galveston, TX to pick up Ecstasy this weekend. The airlines have all sorts of restrictions and was wondering if the homeland security guys welded any special restrictions for cruises too. What has been your experience? In the process of packing now and good tips are needed!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Besides guns, knives, and alcohol, there are not the same restrictions on board the ships. You can carry deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash, mascara, etc. You can carry wine, but not alcohol. What were you wishing to bring?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by artzy2:
We will be driving to Galveston, TX to pick up Ecstasy this weekend. The airlines have all sorts of restrictions and was wondering if the homeland security guys welded any special restrictions for cruises too. What has been your experience? In the process of packing now and good tips are needed!
Leave your 6 shooter and ceremonial japanese sword at home and you will be fine. If you are traveling with a companion each of you should pack at least 1 outfit in the others luggage. If a suitcase gets lost you will at least have something. What to bring is a personnal preference. I like to make the most of the formal nights. A 7 day or longer cruise there are 2. I pack a full Kilt (complete battle array) for night 1 and Tux for night 2. This takes most of my suitcase but I love being the center of eye contact in my kilt. You can rent formal attire on board if you want. If you do not want to be formal bring a good set of clothes collors on the shirts and nice cloths for the women for the formal dining room. Shampoo and soap and other bathroom stuff is provided. Carnival and others I assume will have coin operated laundry so I bring only half the undercloths and do a laundry about day 3 or 4. Be prepared for $4 wash and $3 dry, but still better than a heavy or overloaded luggage. Besides you will want to bring home souvenires. Leave room! hat for sun, sun screen, it's for sale but at high price, flip flops. If you plan to snorkle you can bring your own gear rather than rent. Don't forget your duck feet if you want to do a water type excursion. I also bring a waterproof wallet, a Zip lock bag is a good substitute. Cruising is great fun I can hardly wait for my next one on the Liberty in March. Bon Voyage
Gordon (CruiseDad)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, homeland, knife, luggage, restrictions, security