Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 09:02 AM

My prayers are with the people of the Gulf Coast...It's looking pretty bad in NOLA. I heard that the French Quarter was dry yesterday, but is now filling up with water. I'm not sure that the port of NOLA will be open anytime soon.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM

we have reservations in biloxi right on the ocean and I dont think we'll be going there now
Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 AM

My husbands works for the world's largest retailer. They are watching and keeping up to date on the news there. He just called and said that they're estimating two months before even all power will be restored.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joarkn:
It's not looking very good in New Orleans. We have a hotel registration in the French Quarter. I don't know if the hotel is even still there. It looks horrible. I watched a news reel this morning that was just awful. I am praying for those people.
The latest from Carnival:

August 29, 2005 - 6:30 PM

We have made the following storm-related itinerary changes due to Hurricane Katrina:

NEW ORLEANS CRUISES

The Carnival Conquest August 21, 2005 cruise returned to Galveston, Texas on August 28, 2005. The ship stayed in Galveston until Monday at 12:00 noon Guests debarked either Sunday or Monday.

The Sensation August 27, 2005 cruise will now return to Galveston, Texas on September 1, 2005. Guests will debark and take air or land transportation back home.

The Sensation September 1, 2005 cruise will depart and return to Galveston, Texas.

The Sensation September 5, 2005 cruise will now depart and return to Galveston, Texas.

Please note that all in-coming access into New Orleans and the Port is closed at this time. Guests that parked at the pier in New Orleans will not be able to access their cars until there is a complete assessment of the area. The Port of New Orleans hotline (1-866-476-7866) will provide updated information about access to the port area as it becomes available.

I have a funny feeling that the cruise on the 19th will be sailing from Galveston as well (as probably will my Conquest cruise on 9 Oct...)

Yes folks it is that bad in NOLA...
Old 08-30-2005, 04:50 PM

I talked to carnival today they said to check back in a week but most likley we will port out of galveston if they have an open port.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:00 AM

Jomike, I have some terrible news for you. Every single time I step foot across the Texas line, something terrible happens to me. I tried to explain that to my husband and he just laughed at me all the way to Texas. We got there, I picked up a bag out of our car and carried it to the room. Stepped out of the room into a hole and broke my leg. Ambulance, emergency surgery. He isn't laughing anymore. He spent eight weeks catering to his grouchy wife. So, the way I expect it to happen is.... We're sent to Texas. We get there. Our ship sinks before we can get on it. So sorry for the jinx. Not sure why Texas hates me so much. But I do know the feeling is quite mutual. Tell you what, Let's make sure we're not in the same hotel. Maybe yours won't catch fire.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:01 PM

sounds like your luck is about like mine. if it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any. my family and i have decided if it does port out of texas
thats to far for us to drive and expensive to fly so if they offer our money back we're not going to go. i feel so bad for all those people who lost everything becouse of all this i dont think i could go and have a good time. and gas price hit $3.09 a gal for the cheap stuff and gas stations are running out of gas so i dont think i could go if i wanted to. maybe wait till spring next year and go
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jomike:
gas price hit $3.09 a gal for the cheap stuff and gas stations are running out of
OUCH!! Jomike...where the heck are you? Here in huntsville, AL it has not surged over $2.40 ...yet
Old 08-31-2005, 08:15 PM

I'm 90 miles north of memphis. they say it's going to be $4 a gal real soon.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:38 PM

I think I may have good news the port of mobile, AL is opening up and ships are sailing saturday I asked carnival if the sensation will port there they said it was a good possibility but could not say for sure so lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Closed Thread